Vineco Grape Skin Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRENDON

Junior
Reaction score
Just wandering what everyone has been doing with their grape skin kits in their primary. Instructions said to push it under the must everyday. I heard from another source to squeeze it everyday, I have also heard to squeeze it at the end of the primary fermentation only. Just wandering your thoughts on this.

the more you mix things up the better...no different than punching down a cap when using grapes ....you extract color and so many benefits

Generally speaking, I do it just the way the instructions say and it works out great.

The most important thing is don't rush. Give the wine time to age and it will make a world of difference, even on the inexpensive kits.

Just wandering what everyone has been doing with their grape skin kits in their primary. Instructions said to push it under the must everyday. I heard from another source to squeeze it everyday, I have also heard to squeeze it at the end of the primary fermentation only. Just wandering your thoughts on this.

I do have a short spoon in primary. I do squeeze couple of time a day with spoon towards primary.
At the end I do squeeze it using my hands (make sure you have all sanitized before touching the juice). Another good advice for nice and slow fermentation is to keep juice close to 20 c first 4/5 days and than little more (22/24).

Latest posts

Back