Contents of the holiday glass?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Between Christmas eve and Christmas day, a multitude of beverages were sampled, ranging from ales to bock and sparkling to huge red. We started Christmas eve with some Wild Horse Pinot Noir, followed by a laid back chili dinner and a nice Garnacha. Christmas day began with Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale and Cherry Chocolate Bock. The Bock was crazy good and the Fezziwig has never disappointed me. Others were enjoying a Fume Blanc and I tried that, as I've never had it before. Nice respectable wine. I also tried a generic, Spanish sparkling and enjoyed that. The next stop of the day started with a large format bottle of Anchor's Christmas ale, followed by a nice bottle of 2007 Mollydooker Velvet Glove that my brother in law was generous enough to bring. It's almost over the top - a huge red that we decanted for about two hours before enjoying.

We'll be spending a few days with some friends over new years, and I'll be bringing some CA Grand Red, various beers and some Winery Series Super Tuscan that will go with a pasta dinner I'll be making one night. New Year's Eve will be filets, lobster, etc. I've got some Prosecco and will likely bring some 2009 "The Prisoner".

What was/will be in your glass?

I had (and still have) a house full of relatives, not to mention the various "pop-in" vistors.

We must have gone through at least 4 or 5 cases by now.

This amount was split up across my 2011 chillean (carmenger and cabernet), 2011 brunello, 2009 cabernet, and 2008 brunello.

My nephew is into beermaking and made an exceptional porter.

I also have a kegerator stocked with River Horse beer (a micro-brewery that was once owned by a pal of mine).

Lets see if I can remember Christmas. lol Meals consisted of drinking a Meritage I made in 2011 and in between meals was a chocolate raspberry port I made the same year. Fat tire has made its way to Ohio and that is what the boys were drinking.
On New Years eve my wife and I will open a Macadamia Nut Honey Wine we brought back from Hawaii last year. As far as New Years day, we will be watching the bowl games with lamb stew in the slow cooker and lots of chips, cheese and dips. The boys are beer drinkers and will be drinking Fat Tire Amber Ale and Sam Adams Winter Lager. I will be drinking a Rosso D'avola Tonyt sent me and the Almond wine from Joeswine. My wife will be drinking a Peach Apricot Chardonnay.

Latest posts

Back