WineXpert Clearing the sparkle kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coaster

Reaction score
I am at the stage where my WE Sparkling kit is going into bottles. It says skip packages 2 and 3 and fine now; however, it is brilliant now. Do I really need to mix it up and fine with package 4 since gravity did such a good job?

Are you going to riddle and degorge at the end? If not I probably would
fine. If you are going to degorge then it is clear enough since
you are going to freeze any sediment and degorge. I took NW advice and
added more Champagne yeast at bottling time with the corn sugar. What
is you opinion of the taste at this point. I wasnt happy at this point
but hope like NW said that Sparkling it will greatl improve or tickle
the senses. Like the options say you can make this a still wine and I
dont think it would be good but cant wait till this is done. Mine have
been bottled for a month and let me tell you the wire captures better
be on good and tight. NW said thet there is a tool for this and I think
she said George sells it. Can anyone point this out to me so I can add
it to my wish list? Maybe I screwed something up on mine though as I put 2 together to make a 6 gallon batch.

Edited by: wade

I am going to use the "sparkle tops" I bought. Never heard of anyone using them so going to see how that goes. Suppose to prime, allow re-fermentation, riddle, chill, and then pull the spring to let the lees out through a tiny hole.

Dang now I need a package of champagne yeast. And corn sugar too I guess.

I haven't opened it yest since putting it in the carboy so unsure of what it tastes like.

I have the tool but don't see it on the FVW website, got it when I got the sparkle tops.

I never heard of those tops until after I had bottled and wish I had
those. Does George sell yhose? If they work good they sure would make
it alot easier. Please post when using these tops so that we know if
theyre worth buying.

yeh, what Waldo said!
smiley36.gif

I think the tool is the same as the one the guys use to tie wire that holds reinforcement re-bar rods and wire mesh in cement work...check out the building supply stores...go where they sell the wire mesh that goes inside cement...it might be there....ask for the tool that twists the pre-cut wire twist ties...

*Edit...anxious to see how those tops work too.

Also...I prime with regular white sugar..use corn sugar in the beer....but I have never used a kit...so maybe go with their instructions.Edited by: Northern Winos

Here is a photo of the wire tightening tool...so you know what to look for if you should go to a home improvement store looking for the wire twister...
toolSmall.jpg

Latest posts

Back