Choke cherry?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Anyone ever made Choke Cherry Wine? I have a neighbour who said that I can get several buckets from them.

Yes...it is one of our favorites....get the buckets out there and get all you can. Freeze them for now and then make your wines....If you like a red flavorful wine...you will love Chokecherry wine.

I will be trying this one also this year. Friend of mine at work has them out on his farm , along with several other nice wine fruits, raspberries, blueberries, elderberries, etc. Said I'm welcome to all I want, what a friend! What really got me giggly is his parent live in Montana, and he will bring me some huckleberries from there this fall, Life IS good!

Grant: Go for the chokecherry, it's my favorite wine of all. I make mine semi-sweet almost dry. It's the best.I agree freeze as many as you can. I steammine, and that works just fine.. JWM, isn't Montana a great place???? I'm hoping to get some Huckleberries this year as well. I want to make a Huck/mead....

Grant, Gotta love that Choke Cherry wine! I hate drinking it because then I have less of it!
smiley19.gif
smiley36.gif

Those of you that have made Choke Cherry, anyone have a good recipe? I will be doing one soon, any advice and reviews on what you have made would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back