WineXpert Chianti First Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
Well, this morning we held steady half way between 1.000 and 1.010 so y'all know what that meant. Got racked about a half hour ago and knowing how y'all like pix. Oh yes, the mandatory first tasting proved if all continues according to plan I have a very nice wine working. This according to "She who must be obeyed"
smiley36.gif
If Mama's happy we're all happy eh?

2006-05-12_080025_Chianti_Rack_One.jpg

Sure wish I could have made the Texas trip and had a chance to meet all my teachers!!! You folks are all just great.
smiley20.gif

Lookin good my friend! I see foam on top of the liquidand the level looks perfect for the initial transfer from the primary.
smiley32.gif

Funny how it works the same in my house...when mama's happy we all be happy.

By Winestock ll you will be a seasoned pro and will have to make the trip to share some knowledge with the rookies.
smiley2.gif

Nice looking wine. This is one of my personal favorite. Ifyou think its good now,give it 1 year, you won't believe how good it ages.

Bill

Hardly anyone, ever, has seen me not happy about anything. I think that made sense
smiley5.gif
. Guess I'll just have another glass of Syrah and ya'll can figure it out........................Ramona

I am!
smiley2.gif
My wife on the other hand is not and I caught the dickens for using the quote here on the forum
smiley18.gif

I am initially pleased with the chianti as I sit here and drink up the WB shriaz. Mmmmm Mmmmm good! It has gotten a lot better after getting over bottle shock. Very nice with this chilli and wild rice I'm having for dinner.

When digging a hole it is best to lay the shovel down once the hole is over your head. I've yet to learn the lesson.
smiley9.gif

Oh heck, everyone in the house here knows that I am SWMBO, and I see that as a compliment! If The Mom is happy then Everyone is happy!

Started the Green Apple Riesling last night. Added a little extra sugar and took the alc. potential up to 11%.
smiley5.gif

First time I've tried that but Geo says I'm okay.
smiley4.gif

On travel for a few days so it can just sit there and bubble away without me sticking my nose in the bucket every 20 min. I always put the primary in the extra bathtub .........just in case
smiley36.gif

WhenI get back next week I'll rack the chianti off the lees, top up and forget about it for a month or so. It is starting to look good and I suppose I'll have to take a taste test eh?

Still in the old house. No sale yet!
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back