Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Sterling impresses me again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
I popped open a bottle of my CC Sterling Malbec-Shiraz last night and it was GOOD (good enough for me to finish the bottle on a Wednesday night, yikes!) Smooth, round, full of flavour, and just exactly what I was looking for.

This is my third red from the Sterling line and I have yet to be disappointed.

Fermenting a second batch of their California Cabernet Sauv as we speak.

Highly recommend this line!

:r

Thanks, I'll keep your enthusiasm concerning this wine in mind... My LHBS is dropping MM and picking up CC. Not sure what CC series they'll stock but I imagine they could order from the Sterling series if requested.

Is Sterling the top CC series?

Is Sterling the top CC series?

No, it is down a notch. Showcase is their top-of-the-line. Sterlings are about 10.5 liters, but most include a grape pack, and they run about $90-100.

I believe Rae was indicating something like "Good product for the money, don't overlook this level."

Rae, how old were your successes aged? I made a Sterling Merlot for my first kit. I tried one at about 3 mos. old, and was still obviously young.

Last edited:
Have made the CC Sterling Pinot Noir twice - great both times and made CC Showcase Amanore - it is truly great.

SourGrapes is correct, Sterling is the lower end line - and don't overlook it! In Manitoba, they go for $70-$80.

By 6 months they were all doing well. I have the Sterling Amarone which is at the 1.5 year mark and it's really lovely. My first CC Sterling Cabernet didn't last to 9 months.

The malbec/shiraz was bulk aged for 3 months, and bottled in December. So we're at 4ish months and there is a marked difference between it now and a month ago.

I popped open a bottle of my CC Sterling Malbec-Shiraz last night and it was GOOD (good enough for me to finish the bottle on a Wednesday night, yikes!) Smooth, round, full of flavour, and just exactly what I was looking for.

This is my third red from the Sterling line and I have yet to be disappointed.

Fermenting a second batch of their California Cabernet Sauv as we speak.

Highly recommend this line!

:r

RayWay,

I have never been disappointed with a CC kit....ever. :)

I've made a Sterling Merlot about a year ago and it is really good:h

Due to this thread I'm particularly excited about my next trip to my LHBS (not yet planned) to see what CC kits they've decided to stock.

Glad to hear this. I have a Sterling Tempranillo in bottles that I pitched yeast on in August '13. Haven't tried it yet. I'm a little concerned about it because it was my first kit and I filled the directions saying to top up with water. Takes a good bit of water to top up those big Italian carboys. Plus i left way too much in the primary container with my first racking.

I have my fingers crossed for it though and will try soon.

My ONLY complaint with these kits is that they don't seem to hold up well with food. They seem to need a tannin boost. That is how I handle them these days. By themselves they are great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back