Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Sterling GSM

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColemanM

Reaction score
Really?? A 12 liter kit with skins, starting SG of 1.086 so I added sugar to 1.096, fermented dry on skins, clarified on month 3 and let it sit on the lees for 2 months, just racked and added a 1/4 tsp kmeta and its the BEST WINE I HAVE MADE!! Ok the CC Amarone is only 6 months old, but it beats the pants off the WE Lodi ranch 11 cab at 15 months! I have never made an "early drinker" this good! I was planning on aging this for a year but MAN!! Maybe not!! I have a 16 liter WE GSM no skins that I am about to make, so we will see by Xmas which is better. I have to say, Cellar Craft is quite a good brand. I have mostly done WE up until this year. Next up...Rosso Fortisimo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Great to know. I have this same CC GSM kit arriving tomorrow and will start it over the weekend. I was hoping we could drink this by Christmas (maybe wishful thinking)

I don't know, you may be pleasantly surprised at how good it will be by then. I think my boosting of ABV may have delayed the drinking time, but it is great now. And I'm really hard to please with kits. Never found one I truly like.

I have only one complaint with the 10 liter grape skin kits. While they are great by themselves, they tend to disappear when paired with food. I have overcome this by adding post fermentation tannins. May want to consider that with the GSM. I have done it with the WE product and have been very pleased with the outcome.

The CC Sterling is a 10.5L of juice and 1.5L of skins =12L kit?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I have made several of the CC Sterling kits and have yet to be disappointed. They really are fantastic. I know many of people overlook them for the Showcase ones, but the Sterling kits have a lot to offer.

I did find that the Amarone peaked at 18 months though. Tannins would have helped with that I think.

Great value at $80!

I have made several of the CC Sterling kits and have yet to be disappointed. They really are fantastic. I know many of people overlook them for the Showcase ones, but the Sterling kits have a lot to offer.

I did find that the Amarone peaked at 18 months though. Tannins would have helped with that I think.

Great value at $80!

where do you get it at $80 ?
Morewine has it for $99 with free shipping.

Would a few month in a barrel help it stand out better and last longer?

Geek: Canada. Apparently wine kits are cheaper here. We also can get Cheeky Monkey kits for $60.

Coleman: I'm going to assume that pretty much anything tastes better after time in a barrel :)

True that!!

I can get Showcase Reds for $129.00...makes that $30.00 cheaper than the Eclipse!!

What are they priced at in Winnipeg??

I noticed that CC is getting out of the Premium line...have you made the Showcase??

Seems like the Sterling kits are quite nice...might have to try one instead of my next World Vineyard!!

We've got the CC Showcase Reds for $120 at full price, decent savings over Eclipse which start at $150 for the reds.

I hadn't heard about CC getting out of the premium lines, I have been meaning to do one - so I'll have to get on that!

Highly recommend the Sterling kits!

I just got my CC GSM kit from Finevinewines for the special anniversary price of $79 Will be pitching yeast tomorrow.

Good Price, do you need to be a member?
I haven't purchased from them yet..,

Latest posts

Back