Bugs Party

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a bit of a wasted youth. I spent WAY too much time watching Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Then I discovered girls and I haven't see a cartoon in 40 years (Sorry bugs, but I had better things to do).

Recently, I visited a friend down in Florida. He had just moved into his new home and wanted to show off. The end of the tour was his home theater room that he had custom built. It had a 12 foot screen and half the room was this enormous couch (way better than any theater seat). It was real nice.

He planned to do it up big, complete with popcorn, a feature presentation, and a Bugs Bunny Cartoon to show before the feature movie.

Well, we never got past the cartoon. After so many years, we all realized something. The really great Bugs Bunny cartoons were actually geared for adults. We found ourselves laughing uncontrollably at this cartoon, one that we must have seen about 100 times as kids 40 years ago.

As it turns out, my friend had a whole collection of Bugs Bunny cartoons on DVD (unedited) that he had purchased for his son. Well, long story - short, we scrapped the feature (one of those blockbuster-shoot 'em up- billion dollar pictures) in favor of spending the next two hours holding our sides in from non-stop cartoon induced gut-busting laughter.

With that memory, I am planning my first BB party. the formula is simple and, of course, you need to get the right personalities into the mix..

1) A crowd no smaller than 6 people.
2) get the BB cartoons from the 40's and 50's (when they were produced for movie theaters and NOT for Saturday morning TV.
3) Feed the guests first,
4) Alcohol helps.

Any comments?

Comments? Other than moving #4 to #1, I think you have the makings of a great time. :)

Latest posts

Back