Bruschetta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Posted this before but it is so good had to repost with picture since we have been eating it often!
<UL>
<LI>Chop up some fresh ripe tomatoes and add to bowl with julienned fresh basil. Add extra virgin olive oil to coat and salt and pepper to taste.</LI>
<LI>Toast 1" thick pieces of bread. We have been using roasted garlic bread which is awesome but a good firm French bread will work.</LI>
<LI>When bread is toasted and hot rub one side liberally with a whole garlic clove...the garlic will melt onto the bread.</LI>
<LI>top bread with tomato/basil mixture and serve</LI>[/list]

The raw garlic adds a bite to the dish and don't make up the tomato mixture too far ahead as the salt will cause the water to come of the tomatoes.

2006-06-10_155247_P1010001.JPG

The bruschetta went well with the roasted garlic and shrimp ravioli topped with a white wine cream sauce we had for dinner.
smiley2.gif

Masta:

Kudos on the new avatar!
smiley32.gif

Double kudos on the bruschetta
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
I think I have a brand new chianti to go with the that. Leaving for Vt tomorrow I could bring a bottle.
smiley9.gif

I make that quite often too but sometimes I toast the bread with a slice of mozzerella cheese or add chopped fresh mozzerella to the tomato mixture(I deseed the tomatoes first). Any way it is Great!!!!

Tasty looking Picture!!!!

Ramona

I got back from a business trip to Poland last night. Let me tel you, that
looks better than anything I saw in a week of polish hotel food.

I HATE saurkraut

Latest posts

Back