Brewing a Soda

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
I want to make a root beer for my 2 boys, ages 6 and 4. I heard you can do it at home. Does anyone know of a kit or what it takes to do this. It would be sort of family expirament with my sons leading the way.

earl

Fantastic, thanks.

I took a hydrometer reading tonite on a green apple reisling and you should have seen how excited my 2 boys were. I will definately brew up some soda with them.

earl

That's great! I enjoyed my time with my parents when I was a teen and they were making wine and I was helping. Making sodas with your boys will be wonderful. What a great way to do something with them and learn along the way. Just don't tell them they're learning!
smiley2.gif

www.leeners.com- has many fun DIY things. Make your own beef jerky, make your own cheese, make your own ice cream, yoghurt, candy -- everything, practically. Nice people too. You get the "George feeling" when you're there. George knows them too.

or

[url]http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemI D=1167&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=root+beer [/url](an amish store - absolutely great and fantastic. I am NOT amish, but I do buy a lot of garden stuff there. Holds up great and is very useful.)

Edited by: MedPretzel

I've done this as well and everyone enjoys the results. I use a half package of ale yeast to 4 gallons of soda. This seems to give me the most consistent results. The most prevalent problem is over- carbonating when using natural carbonation. The other problem is finding room for 40+ bottles of soda in my refridgerator! But, it is worth it!

Latest posts

Back