Amazing Italian Wine Tasting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s0615353

Reaction score
Last night I attended the best and most affordable wine tasting I have ever been to at Stella Marina in Asbury Park, NJ (I know the town has a really bad wrap, but they have been cleaning up the East side over the past 10 years and it is drastically better than it was). For only $35 a person you get all you can eat food and as many pours of 50 different Italian wines that you would like. There was Prosciutto di Parma freshly sliced in front of you, mushroom ravioli with a truffle cream sauce, a carving station with veal and prime rib, cheese, olives, pasta, grilled vegetables, desert cookies, MAMA MIA! The wines were mostly from Tuscany (Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Super Tuscans, etc.) but they also had Barolo and Barbaresco from Piedmont, Ripasso and Amarone from Veneto and some Proseccos and desert wines as well. If this is not great enough, 8 bottles of wine were auctioned off at the end of the night as well (the couple we went with paid for their tickets by winning a $70 magnum of Reserva Chianti). They are going to have this event at least once a month, and I will be going as much as I can :sm

WOW! Sounds great!!! Let us know when the next one is, it sounds like something that I might make a mini road trip for!!

Back