A THANKSGIVING DAY GAG

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
It was going to be a good Thanksgiving Day gag. Sherrie's friend David was coming to have Thanksgiving with us and Sherrie had asked me to fix him a "special" bottle of wine.Her and David are both NASCAR fans and Tony Stewart is her man and Jeff is David's, hence they are always gigging each other about their favorite I made up a label for the wine

2005-11-24_153839_gordon_label.jpg

and for the wine itself I used Welches Grape Juice, artificial Brandy flavoring and vinegar. Sherrie wanted this special wine to be a representation of her perception ofJeff Gordon's driving skills, "HORRIBLE". With camera rolling, I presented the botttle of wine to David and he loved it. Sherrie got the corkscrew, opened the wine, poured her and David a glass and he toasted her, took a sip and said, "Mmmmmm thats good" Surely he was appeasing me I thought to myself as I glanced at Sherrie who had a puzzled look on her face as she took a sip from her glass. She got a really, "Well I be danged" look on her face, took another sip and at that moment I knew my gag had backfired. It smelled worse than I figured it would but it actually had a pleasing, wine cooler taste to it. Oh well, I guess some people were just born to make good wines, whatever they do.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Steve said:
That's pretty good Waldo. Jeff Gordon wins again....

Maybe he's just "wining" again! ;)

Good going, Waldo! At least you made a great wine, even though the gag didn't go over too well!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: MedPretzel

Back