A near double disaster!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got careless and dropped my set-up for degassing against my WE Kiwi Pear and ended up with 2 quarts on the floor. Very lucky.I wish that it was video taped because it all happened in slow motion:the wine bottle "resevoir" that I had in-line with the degasser hand pump slipped and hit the top edge of the carboy while degassing,well, it only looked like a chip, but as I starred at it, and it continued to hiss at me, it did not register that the only thing holding it together WAS the vacuum!
you all can guess what happened when the vacuum was released.................Stupid Hurts.
smiley36.gif
20080716_205902_carboy.JPG

Bummer termini...Your lucky though that the whole carboy didn't just explode into a jillion pieces

Oh termini!!! That's terrible!! I'm sorry! Someone must really love me!! Do I ever feel lucky now! Double lucky!!

No, I decided thatWISDOM should overide my CHEAPNESS, so I set it aside after trying Muritic acid did not seem to remove any of the stuff.
Seems to me that I was spending way too much time on that one instead of drinking my wine or making more......I want to save money as much as the next dumpster diver, but I got to thinking.... why should I risk a batch of wine on that?...it just truley isn't worth it.

Term, glad you didn't get hurt!! Sorry for your loss on the wine tho.
smiley18.gif

A little Wisdom makes that wine taste alot better.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back