a little trick on labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
Maybe you have all figured this out by now but here goes:

Go to:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/

Download your favorite size label template. (I use 4x3 and the word template)

Now I tried making labels in one printing and I ran across a problem with the colors bleeding into one another. I use an HP color lazerjet 2600n. So I set up two templates. One has the background picture(like the cabin for my chianti) the other has the text. By the way I do this using "Word."

I tried uploading a demo but the file is too big.

I print the backgrounds first and then reload the paper being careful that it is right side up and then print the text. Results: much clearer text printing and a sharper label.

Using the template from onlinelabels saves a bunch of set up time. Once down loaded save it as a template and you'll have it forever. You can then import photos or art work for your backdrop and print whatever text you'd like over the top. I think it makes for a much cleaner label. Making labels in Word is a bit of a chore but, once you get the hang of the various nuances it works great and you don't have to buy a stand alone product. Hope this helps some you who are still trying to work out making labels.
smiley5.gif

OilnH2O:

Great post!
smiley32.gif
I was just offering a few things I picked up on my own. As usual this forum is just the best and way ahead of the curve.

I was looking at Pepere's link to onlinelabels.com and noticed the site sells label paper that is weatherproof for inkjet printers. The product description states:

"Our white weatherproof label sheet for inkjet printing is 50 lb. bright white vinyl face sheet with a 50 lb. liner. The material is waterproof and the ink from a standard inkjet printer will encapsulate upon printing. Once the sheet has been printed it will not smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water. The adhesive is a high quality permanent adhesive. Excellent results with most types of inkjet printers."

Does anyone know a vendor who sells this paper without a permanent adhesive? Or is there non-label paper with the same weatherproof qualities that could be applied with a glue stick?

They call it permanent adhesive, bit it comes right off when it is soaked in soapy water. They don't just fall off, but come off pretty easily. I use a glossy laser label from them, six to a sheet. I tried 4 to a sheet, but they just didn't fit as well as I liked. That one allowed the label to be removed and reattached, but it had a tendency to wrinkle. I now use OL150WS with their template for Word-works well. They just peel of the backing and you apply them without having to wet.

Latest posts

Back