1 Crushed camden tablet equals how many teaspoons?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNISTOWINE

Reaction score
I need to know how much 1 camden tablet is in teaspoons. If I crush 1 tablet what will it measure in teaspoons? Thanks

From the internet: Each Campden Tablet equals 1/16 teaspoon of Sodium Meta-bisulfite

Thanks but that is not what I need to know. I have a bet about the number of teaspoons a crushed camden tablet is. I have seen this asked before but cannot find it in my conversion files. Thanks

Thanks but that is not what I need to know. I have a bet about the number of teaspoons a crushed camden tablet is. I have seen this asked before but cannot find it in my conversion files. Thanks

Sorry, but I guess I don't understand what you mean. All I know is one crushed campden tablet, which is not very large, should fill 1/16th of a single teaspoon. 16 whole campden tablets should fill a single teaspoon. (This is according to the internet, because I don't use campden tablets; I use straight Kmeta powder.)

Maybe someone else can chime in and help you out.

There is a lot of fillers in a camden tablet. I think about 4 (maybe less) camden tablets have or equal 1/4 teaspoons of K-Meta but if you crush the camden tablet I would like to know how much of a teaspoon it would fill. Thanks again.

It should equal 1/16 tsp. I use powder I have a campden tablet measure spoon that does 1/16 tsp.

I have never crushed one and actually measured it.

I would say go with 1/16 tsp or crush one up and see what it measures..

I think you'd have to actually crush one up and measure it to win your bet

1/16th teaspoon is accurate enough for practical application but if that doesnt appease the betters, then you'll have to actually do it

If you are talking ppm of SO2 then one tsp of k-meta will give you 900 ppm of SO2 in one gallon of must where 1 campden tablet will give you 75 ppm SO2 in one gallon of must. So 1 campden tablet equals 1/12 of a tsp as far as ppm of SO2.

(1/4 tsp K-meta yields 225 ppm SO2 per gallon multiplied by 4 equals 900 ppm for 1 tsp)

(All numbers taken from jack Keller's site credit where credit is due http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/measures.asp)

I use K Meta too. I may have to go out and buy 1 camden tablet, crush it, measure it, and win my bet! I was hoping someone would know the volume of 1 camden tablet. Thanks for all your help. If someone knows let me know, I will not buy a camden tablet right away. I know I saw the conversion in the past.

google grams to tsp and enter 0.44 grams the weight of a campdem tablet and you get 0.093 tsp

Latest posts

Back