Cellar Craft Mystic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H2O

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Any guesses? Or does anyone know what the varieties might be in this new Cellarcraft Showcase red wine?

mystic.jpg

Cab...Merlot...Syrah...Zin...

Same blend as the new Winexpert Enigma...one has to wonder...now that they are both under Global Vintners that these two aren't the same kit??

It is that blend...more than one retailer is advertising the spec sheet:

Additional Information

Wine Style Cabernet blend, Merlot blend, Shiraz blend, Zinfandel blend
Country California
Brand Cellar Craft Showcase
Wine Type Table Wine
Class World Class Premium
Price Range $$$$$
Color Red
Sweetness Off dry
Oak Yes
Body Full
Alcohol 13
Weeks 6
Grape Skins Yes
Litres 18
Makes 30 bottles of 750 ml
Labels Included
Aging 9 months or more
Shelf Life 4 – 5 years

Another:

INTRODUCING MYSTIC RED

After significant research and development, our winemakers have succeeded in creating a mystically perfect blend of Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot. This rich and velvety smooth new red is equally suited to mingling at a party or pondering the mysteries of the universe.
A captivating blend of four distinct grapes that reveals intense fruity aromas on opening. This full bodied red offers rich flavours of black cherry, mocha, spice and vanilla and closes with a velvety, smooth finish.

Now read the Winexpert Enigma sheet:

Enigma (California) Wine Making Kit by Winexpert

Enigma Wine Making Kit by Winexpert (Think Apothic Red) - The zing of Zinfandel, dark fruit of Syrah, bold flavors of Cabernet Sauvignon and suave sophistication of Merlot. Intense fruit aromas and notes of black cherry, coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Full bodied with a smooth, round finish. Food friendly, this wine pairs well with everything from pizza to pasta and is a great match for meats like ribs or chicken with sweet and sticky marinade. Sweetness: Off-Dry | Body: Full | Oak Intensity: None. - 16 liters/4.22 gallons - Makes up to 23 liters/6 gallons. Approx. 30 - 750ml bottles. Ready to bottle in ABOUT 6 weeks.

Thanks Sideways2,

But, although I've never had a "mystically perfect blend" (at least not with wine), I'll pass unless reviews indicate otherwise.

Mystic was actually part of the Wine Kitz "Sommelier Reserve" product range last year.
When Global Vintners decided to cease production on that product line, the Mystic was such a big hit in Canada that they decided to reintroduce it in the Cellar Craft Showcase line up, now that all Wine Kitz store use CC Showcase as their premium brand.

Mystic Red counter card.jpg

Last edited:
Damn BMac...I should have remembered that LOL!!

My neighbor is actually doing the Mystic right now...I'm gonna grab the Enigma...we'll compare the wines this spring when they get back from Costa Rica...ahhh...to be retired :D

Damn BMac...I should have remembered that LOL!!

My neighbor is actually doing the Mystic right now...I'm gonna grab the Enigma...we'll compare the wines this spring when they get back from Costa Rica...ahhh...to be retired :D

Let me know your findings! I've tried the Wine Kitz Mystic. It was nice but a bit to sweet for me. If (when) I make the Cellar Craft one, I'll swap out the 60g of light toasted oak for 60-90g of Med/Heavy toast and toss away the 2 sweet reserve packs. I think that would make for a much better result.

I've done the Diablo Rojo...it's labelled as off dry as well...I don't find it at all sweet...what I do find is in the after taste...almost like a toast and jam quality to it...especially the "no sugar added" variety...you could swear that it's there but its like an illusion LOL!!!

Thinking maybe the Enigma and the Mystic have the same qualities??

I just started clearing my Egnima kit the other day. It has no fpac or skins. I left it in the secondary with some med oak and 2tsp of Tannin Riche for 2 weeks. Final SG was .992. It is not off-dry for sure. To me it's seems pretty complex and smooth at only a month old.
I'm not a fan of Merlot and I didn't get much, if any. Mostly seems to be more Syrah. I think I'm going to like this one. I do like Apothic Red, but it can be a little sweet to me after a few glasses so I'm glad this is drier.

Sent from my iPad

Back