when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiraz /viognier

this is a outstanding red blend to have in your cellar follow the flow............................:db

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

green apple riesling

Some thing different comes this way, it's summer I just made a coconut pino grigio for my gal and she spotted the green apple Riesling and gave me the look, you know the LOOK: SO I GOT IT AND THOUGHT about it for a second and said yes, we just have the first apples coming off the vine WHY NOT! So I made a apple fpac along with boosting the ABV. JUST A TAD, so here we go ,...:db first the fpac:

5.jpg

6.jpg

6A.jpg

6B.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Green Apple Riesling continue

Okay now that the FPAC is made :h we need to take a look at the instructions there not standard, they have added yeast nutrient,omitted bentonite and the finish PAC goes in at the end before bottling. Also check out when your supposed to do these processes just a little different.:f

7.jpg

8.jpg

8A.jpg

8B.jpg

9.jpg

9A.jpg

9B.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

green apple Riesling

Not sure who made the kit vintner design ,Tim Vandergrift from Winexperts crafted it,I've found there all pretty much alike actually,just some times something hits me a little differently,Ex; using yeast nutrient, I don't use it, not using bentonite in the beginning of the process, that's a staple element with me.But the base is the base and the process is the same and so I tweak on..:dbthe Apple fpac will be adjusted in the finial tasting proportionally I might not use it all................:db

1 - Copy.jpg

7.jpg

Interesting, I thought you were getting the Fontana Green Apple Reisling. You and I may have to swap bottles when you are done.

Mine had no nutrient with it, and added the bentonite after adding the juice. And like yours, add the fpac all at the end. I bumped mine up to 1.082 to start.
All I know is my wife loves the stuff. It ended up around 1.018 after adding the fpac. ABV is around 11%.

green apple Riesling

From the top follow the flow....:HB..the fpac will make the difference, really,even though the flavor enhancer is added to the mix, I might just not need all of it.Yes when it's completed and ready for drinking we can always share .

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6A.jpg

6B.jpg

7.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:
Green Apple Riesling continue

okay, here is where we are at present with this one it's starting to clear at this point need to add the chems and fpac then will stir well and let it settle out.mean will move on to another,,,,,,,,,.............

19.jpg

Neibiolo a cousin to sangiovese

this one can out nice it needs time in the bottle but it will be a contender.:hb

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

8a.jpg

Neibbiolo continued

NOTHING LIKE BEING CREATIVE AND HAVING FUN WITH WINE MAKING..:db..NOW WE ADD THE SPICES?:db

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

12a.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

14a.jpg

14b (2).jpg

14c.jpg

Neibiolo a cousin to sangiovese

sometimes it's not what you got it's how you use it.:db