when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THATS CORRECT ,WITH FONTANA KITS THE BODY AND ABV. ARE ALL BOOSTED WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT BY JUST REDUCING THE BASE VOLUME,THE ISLAND MIST KITS NEED TO STAY WHERE THEY ARE DO TO THE FACT THE FPACS THAT COME WITH THEM ARE HIGHLY CONCENTRATED YET THE ABV WHICH IS AROUND 1.08 CAN BE WEAKENED BY THE SWEETNESS OF THE FPACS.THAT'S WHY I BRING THEM UP TO 1.10.THE CRU KITS ARE AT THERE BEST JUST AS THEY ARE WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF TWEAKING,ESPECIALLY THE BLENDED ONES.SO YOU SEE IN MY OPPION THEY ARE ALL WINE KITS BUT NEED TO TREATED DIFFERENTLY DO TO THEIR KIT STRUCTURE.GOT IT!:h

Got it, thanks.

wineforfun

spot on with the malbec, at the cost how could you go wrong, I mean really a great everyday wine at least I think so.:db. next time add a small fpac of red grapes to the primary that will take care of the body .

IMG_20160428_141718708.jpg

premium Fontana wine kit

that was the labels that came with the kit and the wine maker was wineforfun, he sent it to me to try ,I sent him my amarone.do you follow the thread cheap wine kits? he's on there also one of 16 winemaker's making these kits.:HB

La Batalla Spanish red

I have always like the blends that RQ,puts out in there restrictive quantities, this is one of them a blend of Tempranillo,Grenache & Cabernet blend, sound interesting I thought so ,so here we go, a few tweaks as always doesn't matter to me the cost of the kit I make it my own but still stay with in the frame work of the base ..follow my flow.:h

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

5b.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
La Batalla Spanish red continued

With me so far??????:db.... at his point we finished fermentation and placed the wine in a 6 gallon carboy the next phase is to degas and finalize,stay tuned.

7.jpg

7a.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

IMG_20160522_150644727_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160609_162831099.jpg

Last edited:
Joe,

That is La Batalla blend, did it really bring a dried skins pack?
The info on FVW says no grape pack.
Can you confirm it came with one?

La Batalla Spanish red

vBulletin Message Why do I get these ?????

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Last edited:
La Batalla Spanish red

Lets review this process befovBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

re I move on, be patient.WHAT IS THIS

Torrents spanish white

This is a white to have in your cellar bold and clean ,follow the flow :h

1.jpg

1A.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4A.jpg

5 (2).jpg

5.jpg

5A.jpg