What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very last bottle, made in January 2015 and is a big hit..!! It is GOOD!!! [emoji4][emoji4]

ImageUploadedByWine Making1459025050.341018.jpg

Drinking a few glasses of a Forza kit I started last summer. It must be good because I'm having issues typing these sentences, but I feel really good. Unfortunately it is making me want to go open another bottle of wine, which I don't necessarily need right now. Need to get up at 5:45 a.m. so I can go cook breakfast at the church I attend. I don't think they would appreciate a hungover cook, but that they may get.

Drinking a few glasses of a Forza kit I started last summer. It must be good because I'm having issues typing these sentences, but I feel really good. Unfortunately it is making me want to go open another bottle of wine, which I don't necessarily need right now. Need to get up at 5:45 a.m. so I can go cook breakfast at the church I attend. I don't think they would appreciate a hungover cook, but that they may get.

Just read up on this one, will be looking into getting one as soon as I can.

You should hustle, then. They're already done with 2016 production. Once they're gone, they're gone for the rest of the year.

Craig's Forza is very good. Had a bottle the other night. Hoping mine is as well - I did a little extra French oak in the finish. I'm only 4 months into bulk aging, tho. So it's going to be a while.

You should hustle, then. They're already done with 2016 production. Once the retailers are out, they're gone for the rest of the year.

Craig's Forza is very good. Had a bottle the other night. Hoping mine is as well - I did a little extra French oak in the finish. I'm only 4 months into bulk aging, tho. So it's going to be a while.

Eclipse Stags Leap Merlot.
18 months. Started August, 2014.

Jim, That's my wife's favorite wine that I make. Only problem is that once I bottle the kit it doesn't last 18 months. Bakervinyard

A few glasses of a WE Sel Sangiovese, a bottle I opened the other night when my common sense was compromised after too much beer and a 375ml bottle of Forza. This isn't half bad for such a young wine (8/1/2015), guess I might as well buy another kit so I can properly age it. The cherry flavor really dominates both the nose and the tongue. Can taste some oak and some tannins, but this is rather smooth already (tannins are much more noticeable in the Forza). Should be a really nice red wine in another six months or so. I'm liking this, a very approachable wine already.

Tipping the carboy and drinking some Merlot again. I can't seem to get enough of this wine. Guess I might as well bottle it so I can rob some of it from the wine sanctuary before it is ready to drink. Yum!

(I know, cradle robber)

Wow, the frequency of my carboy tipping is getting to be too much. Can't bottle this one this weekend but hopefully next weekend. I really like this wine. Like you can't figure that one out. I think the tannin extra riche has really added a nice note to this wine as compared to it's counterpart that lacks the extra additive.

2013 MM Renaissance Australian Chardonnay. Barrel fermented, and I had an oops and used the kit oak too. It is oaky, though not overly so. Nice and crisp, and a relatively high ABV help to balance it out.

Who says Kit Wines don't last! I opened my last bottle of MM AJ Amarone last night. Pitched the yeast in the Fall of 2009 so ~6.5yrs old now. I added extra tannin but other than that it was a by the book kit without even a yeast swap. It was delish. Definitely not over the hill. Tannins were smooth. Oak was perfect, no raisin taste, No KT. I am still very happy to have moved on to fresh grapes in 2010 but this was a rewarding bottle to open and remember when it all began.......

IMG_1025.jpg

LOL

I still have a bottle of the very first Kit wine I ever made. CC Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon as well as a bottle of the next Kit made, a CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot. Those were started in the Summer of 2009 so closer to 7 years old now.

I definitely went big out of the gates when this madness all started!

2009....!!! :HB
I'm sending my shipping address....

Who says Kit Wines don't last! I opened my last bottle of MM AJ Amarone last night. Pitched the yeast in the Fall of 2009 so ~6.5yrs old now. I added extra tannin but other than that it was a by the book kit without even a yeast swap. It was delish. Definitely not over the hill. Tannins were smooth. Oak was perfect, no raisin taste, No KT. I am still very happy to have moved on to fresh grapes in 2010 but this was a rewarding bottle to open and remember when it all began.......

Nice. And interesting. I think this is the first positive comment I've seen about the MM AJ kits.

I made 4 AJ kits total. The Amarone was hands down the best but I think there are much better offerings out there today if your looking for an Amarone style wine. The AJ Sangio was crap, the AJ Pinot Noir was crap, the AJ Petit Syrah was mediocre (at best) and I tweaked the heck out of that one.

Latest posts

Back