What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peachy Canyon Zin. Should go well with the bacon cheddar cheeseburgers. A pretty nice value from TJ's.

Blaspheme! :h

I give him a pass. It was 21*F down here in Southern PA this morning, can only imagine how cold it is in Northern Ontario!
-----

Since no one has added a post, I'll conserve them and add my glass contents for the evening.

H3 Red Blend. Actually a bit more flavorful than I thought it would be, and my drinking temperature is a bit low (52*F). Will try and warm up in my hands a bit and see what happens. For $12.71 (includes PA tax) it is well worth the price, in my opinion (humble of course).

4-6-16_H3-blend.jpg

Last edited:
Maui Wines!

Just returned from Maui and while I was there I enjoyed a bottle of a wonderful Red from Maui Wines based at Ulupalakua Ranch. The wine is Ulupalakua Red. It's a blend of Merlot, Syrah and Malbec.

I forgot to take a photo of the bottle but believe me, this wine is good! I wish I had bought a case.

I also purchased a bottle of a semi-dry pineapple wine called Maui Blanc. Very smooth and not overly sweet.

Definitely recommend both of these wines :h

As is the Romantic Chemistry!
Even nicer is that I only live 20 minutes from Dogfish Head Brewery.

No wine right now.It's a relaxing Grand Marnier time right now,I don't think I've ever been so tired. Basement and most of kitchen packed.Not looking forward to the garage!

Tipped the carboy and sampling a glass of last Springs Chilean Merlot/Cab Sauv/Malbec field blend. Did 1/2 of the 10 gallon batch with Tannin Extra Riche, about 1 gram for 5 gallons (low end dosage) and I'm really liking what it adds to the mid palette and finish.

Considering un-bottling what has been already bottled, but it will be nice to have comparisons between the two once it ages some more. Yum!

They say people with no patience make beer, people with patience make wine. My 2011 Corazon Solitario. Cab Franc, Cab Sauv, Malbec and Petit Verdot. Only 3 bottles left...... Dang, should have made more of that blend.

IMG_1046.JPG

I opened the first from a new batch: A WE LE 2013 Cab/Merlot blend from Red Mtn. It is 18 mos. old. It is pretty nice; it is a bit thin, and light in color, but smooth. It almost looks like a Burgundian Pinot Noir. Remember, most of the LEs do not come with a grape pack, and this one did not. Only tweaks were RC212 yeast, and some FT Tannin Rouge in primary.

I don't have any homemade wine yet, so...

2010 Baron de Ley Rioja Reserva.

IMG_20160408_193046.jpg

Last edited:
WE LE Shiraz Viognier. A little early still, but this is pretty darn nice. 15 months old now. By 24 months, I think it'll be darn good.

Can you post a pic, I'd like to see the color of that blend.

Can you post a pic, I'd like to see the color of that blend.

Too late. That poor bottle didn't stand a chance. :)

The color is actually very nice. The Viognier really doesn't lighten it much. The commercial versions are less than 10% Viognier. It just brightens it up a tad and provides some nice aromatics.

Latest posts

Back