Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked some more to remove rotted particleboard in the sink area. Note the lovely black wall mold hidden behind our sink cabinetry. All those walls will be replaced to 32 inches high with plywood. Tomorrow, I need to extend this work out another 2-1/2 feet to prep it for sheets of 3/4-inch plywood. I hope whoever in the '60s thought particleboard was a great underlayment in wet areas is roasting in hell, lol. They used to put tarpaper down first back then as a moisture barrier, but not here!

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

After that, I need to remove the existing vinyl floor, prime the walls and new drywall, cut one more piece of beadboard paneling, and paint the ceiling. None of this was unexpected, it's all on my punchlist, though I have found some surprises along the way. Like the fact that part of one wall is solid concrete, where an old wood stove pipe used to come through it and got plugged up.

Cabinets arrive in 15 days, contractors show up the day after that. It's doable if I keep at it.

After the cabinets go in, I get to install the flooring, backsplash tile and under cabinet lighting. My brand new DeWalt oscillating tool has failed already. They allegedly are sending me one, but I need it NOW!

Last edited:
Worked some more to remove rotted particleboard in the sink area. Note the lovely black wall mold hidden behind our sink cabinetry. All those walls will be replaced to 32 inches high with plywood. Tomorrow, I need to extend this work out another 2-1/2 feet to prep it for sheets of 3/4-inch plywood. I hope whoever in the '60s thought particleboard was a great underlayment in wet areas is roasting in hell, lol. They used to put tarpaper down first back then as a moisture barrier, but not here!

View attachment 112563

View attachment 112564

After that, I need to remove the existing vinyl floor, prime the walls and new drywall, cut one more piece of beadboard paneling, and paint the ceiling. None of this was unexpected, it's all on my punchlist, though I have found some surprises along the way. Like the fact that part of one wall is solid concrete, where an old wood stove pipe used to come through it and got plugged up.

Cabinets arrive in 15 days, contractors show up the day after that. It's doable if I keep at it.

After the cabinets go in, I get to install the flooring, backsplash tile and under cabinet lighting. My brand new DeWalt oscillating tool has failed already. They allegedly are sending me one, but I need it NOW!
Well, how much Rolling Rock beer does it take to remove 2 1/2 of particle board? Sore knees, medicinal purpose only of course. :)

Well, how much Rolling Rock beer does it take to remove 2 1/2 of particle board? Sore knees, medicinal purpose only of course. :)
Generally four, after work is completed. :) The entire project is fueled by Rolling Rock. I can't drink wine when doing multi-day manual labor, since it makes my joints ache worse the next day. After especially grueling days, I drink vodka and guava juice to kill the pain.

The replacement oscillating multi-tool is due to arrive May 21, putting me really close to May 29 deadline day. Then I can do the walls. Working on everything else until it gets here. I hope it doesn't crap out like the last one did.

View attachment 112563

View attachment 112564

WHAT!!! You're not hanging the cabinets yourself????? 🤣

This is what you might find in one hole when planting a vineyard. Orange tube at top is 24 inches long.

View attachment 112586

Sorry to be dense. Please clue me in -- what should I be noticing here (that I am obviously not noticing!)?

Latest posts

Back