What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of Prosecco at my sister's place, where she did a little mimosa bar. Nothing fancy, but the Prosecco, and mix your own w/ your choice of grapefruit, orange, pomegranate or cranberry. I contributed a bottle of Costco Prosecco Rose.

tempImageWJH46P.jpg

1650290438428.jpeg
Picked up some local beer from Noble Roots, just down the road.

On the left -
Midnight Confection // Chocolate Stout
Complex layers of bready and roasted malts, coupled with English hops and yeast make this chocolate stout a treat worthy of returning for seconds.
6.8% ABV | 39 IBU | 38 SRM
On the right -
Strict Observance^* // Belgian Tripel
Before you ask about our vow of silence, this Trappist-inspired ale has a fruity nose, more fruit and spice on the palate, and after a few pints, might leave you at a loss for words.
9.5% ABV | 26 IBU | 6 SRM

The votes from our Easter group was in favor of the Midnight Confection.

IMG_2702.JPG

Very disappointing. Flabby, no edge, dies on the tongue, no finish, no nose. Review descriptions say "intense" - Hahahaha, nope! Telmo Rodriguez is held up as some kind of winemaking rock star, but I am so happy I only bought two of these. Of course, I will drink them but my advice is: Avoid.

Not really much of a Zin guy but I am very happy with how this 2017 Brickmason Zin blend from Klinker Brick Winery turned out after a year's cellar rest. Lots of vanilla and oak on a smooth introduction with a hint of peppery finish. Very, very elegant and developed at this stage. Price around $16-19 a bottle, so if you see some grab it and lay it down. I will buy a case if I run up on it again. And I am NOT a Zin guy, so that is saying something, lol. MIKE! THIS PLACE IS IN LODI SO GO THERE AND SHIP ME SOME. I'M GOOD FOR IT, lolol.... Mmmm... My GOD that is good. UNDER EDIT: I found it 28 miles up the road. Hmmm...

IMG_2705.JPG

Last edited:
Not really much of a Zin guy but I am very happy with how this 2017 Brickmason Zin blend from Klinker Brick Winery turned out after a year's cellar rest. Lots of vanilla and oak on a smooth introduction with a hint of peppery finish. Very, very elegant and developed at this stage. Price around $16-19 a bottle, so if you see some grab it and lay it down. I will buy a case if I run up on it again. And I am NOT a Zin guy, so that is saying something, lol. MIKE! THIS PLACE IS IN LODI SO GO THERE AND SHIP ME SOME. I'M GOOD FOR IT, lolol.... Mmmm... My GOD that is good. UNDER EDIT: I found it 28 miles up the road. Hmmm...

View attachment 87863

JOY! A case of this is waiting for me 28 miles away. Saturday should be the day. ❤ I am so easily pleased, really! 🤣

Latest posts

Back