What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, it wasn't today. I just spent ~40 hours trying to fly home from a trip to Florida. (Bad weather in Atlanta and much of the East/Sotheast caused a lot of backups and canceled flghts.) Some of that airport time yesterday was spent in Vino Volo. I had a flight of reds, and my DW had the flight of bubbly. Well, hers was much better AND much more voluminous than mine, so I had to have that, too! :)
Hmmm, someone was feeling no pain after the 2nd flight, of wine that is...

40 hours though, guess that's why I don't fly much (other than the lack of $$).

Ya take these edgy tasting, low-dollar sale deal wine brands that ya know are basically gonna be good and toss 'em in the cool wine cellar for a year or more. Yeah, they get wine diamonds, but OMG!!! All of a sudden, $30 bottle. Mmmm.... I bought a case of these last year on sale.

View attachment 86428

Just exactly how do they "age" a Scotch whisky barrel?

Guess that sounds better than "we age it in barrels the spirit industry sold off to be used as garden planters." 😂

40 hours...

He could have made it home faster if he was driving and no mask required.

Yes, yes. It is about an 18 hour drive. We could have gone there and back!

To be fair, it was not that arduous an ordeal. First day: flight canceled. Okay, go find a hotel near the airport and go out to dinner. Sleep. Go to airport the next day. Next available flight is later that day, and then was delayed. So go to Vino Volo and Outback Steakhouse in the airport, and wait around a LOT. Got home at 1:30 am. Not fun, but not the worst experience either.

Yes, yes. It is about an 18 hour drive. We could have gone there and back!

To be fair, it was not that arduous an ordeal. First day: flight canceled. Okay, go find a hotel near the airport and go out to dinner. Sleep. Go to airport the next day. Next available flight is later that day, and then was delayed. So go to Vino Volo and Outback Steakhouse in the airport, and wait around a LOT. Got home at 1:30 am. Not fun, but not the worst experience either.
Wine makes everything better.

Okay, it wasn't today. I just spent ~40 hours trying to fly home from a trip to Florida. (Bad weather in Atlanta and much of the East/Southeast caused a lot of backups and canceled flghts.) Some of that airport time yesterday was spent in Vino Volo. I had a flight of reds, and my DW had the flight of bubbly. Well, hers was much better AND much more voluminous than mine, so I had to have that, too! :)

View attachment 86462
SouthWest airlines also had computer problems, so granddaughter still stuck in Florida until Tuesday. She will miss 2 days of high school and really
missed out on some smoked ribs that we had yesterday.

SouthWest airlines also had computer problems, so granddaughter still stuck in Florida until Tuesday. She will miss 2 days of high school and really

Yeah, I saw this morning that the situation really deteriorated over the weekend. I have gone from being annoyed at my one-day delay to grateful that I got out of Dodge when I did! ✈

Just exactly how do they "age" a Scotch whisky barrel?

Guess that sounds better than "we age it in barrels the spirit industry sold off to be used as garden planters." 😂

Sure does taste good. Selling off used whiskey barrels for use with beer or wine is commonly done. They're not sold "to be used as garden planters."

Wonderful buttery, honey-suckle, oakey and full bodied taste~

View attachment 86476

I like his wine. If memory serves he bought the Berringer vineyard and ripped out all their crap equipment and filled it with state of the art stuff and got some really talented people in there. His Claret is really really nice.

Decent price point too.

Hmmm, high schooler having to miss 2 days of school and have to stay in Sunny warm florida….. awful.

Latest posts

Back