What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my glass tonight is a concoction which I stumbled upon accidentally. Early in my professional career, there was a coffee maker in the office and secretary saw to it that there was always fresh coffee. I drink my coffee black, and I had my cup on my desk with about half the cup remaining. At some point during the day, I went to the drink machine and bought a Diet Coke, came back to my desk, and without looking, poured some of the cold Diet Coke into the cup which (by this time) contained cold back coffee. I did not realize what I had done until I tasted it and it was great! Sort of like a Cream Soda flavor. I have been drinking it ever since.

In my glass tonight is a concoction which I stumbled upon accidentally. Early in my professional career, there was a coffee maker in the office and secretary saw to it that there was always fresh coffee. I drink my coffee black, and I had my cup on my desk with about half the cup remaining. At some point during the day, I went to the drink machine and bought a Diet Coke, came back to my desk, and without looking, poured some of the cold Diet Coke into the cup which (by this time) contained cold back coffee. I did not realize what I had done until I tasted it and it was great! Sort of like a Cream Soda flavor. I have been drinking it ever since.
Was at a wake recently and a woman was mixing Rose wine and Coke( diet) which I thought was a strange mix. She said it was bloody lovely and drank it all the time.
It shows that taste is personal to everyone . Only you know what you like.

Sorta like the younger generation in Spain with Red wine & Coke. (Hope that makes you feel younger :D )

This is a belated birthday present from my younger son, and a thank you for moving furniture from his apartment into his new house. It makes the shoulder and back aches worth it! :)

We will sample it after dinner tonight!

View attachment 88263

Last time my son in law gave me a bottle of Scotch it was an 18 year old The Glenlivet. The note he attached said, I tried to get you a Scotch old enough to legally drink, this was close.

This is a belated birthday present from my younger son, and a thank you for moving furniture from his apartment into his new house. It makes the shoulder and back aches worth it! :)

We will sample it after dinner tonight!

View attachment 88263
We did, indeed, sample after dinner. While this scotch doesn't have the "wow factor" others on my shelf have, the nose is rich and it went down very smoothly. I recommend it.

Side note -- Scotland is supposedly the largest buyer of used Bourbon barrels.

Latest posts

Back