What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sipping the left over of the Sauvignon Blanc I bought at Costco 2 days ago.

The lemon aroma hits your nose nicely [emoji4]
Still really good after the bottle has been opened for a couple days. I'd definitely buy again, and at that price....absolutely [emoji4]

ImageUploadedByWine Making1504214635.046681.jpg

This did not suck either. Almost wasteful on burger night, but sometimes you have to say 'what the heck'. My parents settled on the sale of their house yesterday and their realtor gave them this bottle. 2014 Caymus 1858. Really nice Cab.

IMG_5824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From a cheapo kit

16a1300e643612c3c40d5b5b35b0da95.jpg

I bet that was a good pairing if the wine was drinkable (which I imagine it was with Varis' professional wine making abilities). I wouldn't turn down a bottle of that one.

Craig,

It wasn't a "great, oh my God" wine, but not too shabby really.

Joe, that's a WE VR 10L kit I bought on sale from LP 2 years ago. I don't have my notes here to know if I tweaked it or not.
I also made a Barolo (now Nebbiolo) around the same time and I think the Barolo is very very good, need to try it soon.

Craig,

It wasn't a "great, oh my God" wine, but not too shabby really.

Joe, that's a WE VR 10L kit I bought on sale from LP 2 years ago. I don't have my notes here to know if I tweaked it or not.

I glad you posted this. This is the first wine I made. Started January 2 this year. It was a kit I asked for for Christmas knowing very very little about wine making. Since then I've come to accept this will never be a killer wine. With all that being said here is what I did last week. BTW, this is 5 gallons seeing I newbie bottled 5 bottles early on.

Took readings SO2 40, Ph 3.28 and TA 5.20. Added 2 tsp wine tannin and 1.5g tartaric plus .5 oz a liquid oak and .5 oz of glycerine and haven't taken readings since. It has a really big bite and way too oaky. Any thoughts anyone?

Latest posts

Back