What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a bottle of that New Zealand Sauv Blanc ($6.95 a bottle) to give it a try tonight, hoping it is as good as the Cup Cake version and its mineral flavor.

For that price if it is decent why even make anymore NZ Sauv Blanc! If you purchase an EP Kit its gonna cost you at least $4-5 a bottle plus corks and other supplies!

I purchased a bottle of that New Zealand Sauv Blanc ($6.95 a bottle) to give it a try tonight, hoping it is as good as the Cup Cake version and its mineral flavor.

For that price if it is decent why even make anymore NZ Sauv Blanc! If you purchase an EP Kit its gonna cost you at least $4-5 a bottle plus corks and other supplies!

That's what I was thinking, let's see how it tastes.
The employee at Costco told me they sell a LOT of that Sauv Blanc, so we'll see.

Walked into my local liquor store for a couple bottles. And the owner grabbed me within a minute to show me the new varietals and blends on the shelves he ordered at my request.
One of which is a Tuscan since I rarely find a good selection. This was just $18 so let's see how she is.
40% merlot
25% Cab Franc
25% Cab Sav
10% Sangiovese
ImageUploadedByWine Making1504045989.749752.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1504046013.219271.jpg

Will keep an eye out for it.

Not sure if you have tried the Cup Cake Sauv Blanc from NZ, which is pretty darn good. This Costco Sauv Blanc also from NZ may not be as complex as the Cup Cake but I think it is a very good buy for its price, and it has some of the minerals I really like.

This Sh!T is still BaNaNaS! Found a local source! :db
So is that the Riesling? Does it really taste like BaNaNaS? If so it might be a good accompaniment with my morning cereal on weekends (they frown on drinking before work, I don't get it)? Is it very expensive?

More information, pretty please.

Last edited:
LOL......

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDkdm-DQ1NQ[/ame]

Amazing (year in year out) Riesling from Charles Smith. Sells for $10 a bottle if you know where to look. About the best wine to pair with food you could ever want. especially Asian etc. Its off dry but the acidity and mix of flavors cancel that out (for me) especially when paired with the right foods. Only 12% ABV so won't leave you looking to lay down after a couple of glasses. :)

Bulk buy! Like I said, slightly off dry, but it pairs so well with food.

Not selling for that price at my closest TW!

Maybe it's cheap here because its the 2015? I'm going to have to go see what they actually have.

Capture.PNG

Seems to be plenty in stock at my TW. At one point it specified the 2015. Next minute, no vintage mentioned.

You know I have been looking for 2016 since around June of this year. Not a bottle in sight eveywhere I go I see nothing but 2015. It has to be close though to being released I am sure.

Kroger (Smith's) in our area is having a 30% off case sale (mix and match)....

:b

Maybe it's cheap here because its the 2015? I'm going to have to go see what they actually have.

Latest posts

Back