What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made up a dough for fun a couple of days ago. Part became a stomboli, the other an attempt at a Philly tomato pie. Smells good but I may have overdone the crust, might be too crunchy.

This is the one my older brothers FIL used to bring when he visited:
https://www.nepapizzareview.com/2020/11/corropolese-bakery-norristown.html?m=0
Needs to sit a few days to get to its peak, won't last a day... 12 x 12 pie.

3-25-2022_stromboli.jpg

3-25-22_tomato-pie-1.jpg

3-25-22_tomato-pie-2.jpg

Yum!

Edit: Sauce is killer good (has some added red wine). Crust has a crunch, over did it, should be more bread like. Very edible, just not to style.

Last edited:
Salad with avocado; roasted Brussels sprouts (Parm, balsamic vinegar); peas with butter and tarragon; roasted mushroom caps with soy, EVOO, and truffle oil; pan-fried Pacific cod and shrimp in a browned-butter sauce with parsley, capers, lemon served on a bed of roasted spring asparagus.

IMG_3326.JPG

Pizza night. Experimenting with doughs that are fermented for different periods of time verses adding sourdough discard (which adds a really good flavor). Two for someone at work, two for the next door neighbor, two for us. Made each a Neapolitan and a thinner crust (larger) pizza. Use two stones and rotate the pizza half way through the cook to add some heat to the bottom of the crust. Amazing how much the temp drops when you put a cold pizza on it. Last image is a side view of the crust on a Neapolitan, nice gas pockets, lite and airy. Yum!

3-27-22_pizza-1.jpg

3-27-22_pizza-2.jpg

3-27-22_pizza-3.jpg

3-27-22_pizza-4.jpg

I saw this thread and that was likely the about the time I became a site donor. This is a language I can speak.

I am currently degoogling myself. I'm changing platforms for more online privacy. As I work through it I am getting things sorted, but I have to change the way I do a lot of things. Today I got images uploaded from my phone though, so I can share my heart out

Last night was a little indulgent. Bison Strip loin, shrimp, Bearnaise, grilled asparagus, fried su choy with crispy garlic and oyster sauce, carrots, and baked potato.

I'm thinking tonight might be something light.

IMG_20220327_201806.jpg.

Salad with avocado; roasted Brussels sprouts (Parm, balsamic vinegar); peas with butter and tarragon; roasted mushroom caps with soy, EVOO, and truffle oil; pan-fried Pacific cod and shrimp in a browned-butter sauce with parsley, capers, lemon served on a bed of roasted spring asparagus.

Nice presentation.

Currently 28 with a brisk wind. Normally by now we're averaging in the low 50s during the day, don't think it topped 32 around these parts. Decided that running the stove with the ceramic top might be a good thing to help the house heat pump out a bit. Simple comfort food, chicken meatloaf (sandwich), fries and a simple salad. Easy to make, easy to eat, yum!

3-28-22_meatloaf.jpg

BBQ salmon served with a 2022 Alberta premium vodka.

I know, sometimes I'm just a savage

Su choy is my favorite dish right now. Home grown in the garden tower. Crispy garlic and oyster sauce thinned with light soy and sesame oil. I could eat it all day.
salmon2.jpg

Attachments

• salmon2.jpg
    salmon2.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 2
T-storms abound, so I decided to cook inside (pouring at the moment). With it 73 outside before the rain, the heat the oven added raised the house temps up to 70 (heat pump set for 65). Before I got home I guess a downburst pushed a bunch of my "stuff" in the driveway 50+ yards into the neighbors yard. My son said it reminded him of Wizard of Oz (I guess a chair in the yard reached a nice height).

Some ground chicken, some made quesadillas, others made enchiladas. Some gluten free ones for my son (he'll eat later) and some for me. Images of mine, nice spicy sauce (added a bit too much cumin for most, perfect for me). Yum!

3-31-22_enchiladas-1.jpg

3-31-22_enchiladas-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back