What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumped on the scale at the doctors office last week when taking my son for a covid test (he had the flu, no covid). I think it must not be calibrated since it read about 15 lbs higher than I thought my current weight was fully dressed. So I tried the experiment at home and came up with the same result. Trying to remember what I was eating when I was stuck at home only working 20 hours a week in the beginning of the pandemic when I lost a good deal of weight. The following was my go to lunch, a salad (hydroponically grown romaine lettuce) with some grilled tuna. Yum!

View attachment 85901
"Grilled" tuna? Looks like it's still wiggling! 😬

Easy button. Little 2.5 lb whiskey/pepper pork hunk. Sold by AdapTableMeals. Need to high tail it out of here for a meeting at 6 pm, so this was the easiest way to get dinner done. Crock pot for 4 hours on high, cooled for an hour. Surprisingly tender, plenty of fat so not dry at all.

3-20-22_pork.jpg

3-20-22_pork-2.jpg

Very easy...

Last edited:
I put most of the topping on the sauce, and cheese on top. The one on the left has mushrooms, hamburg, with a bit of pepperoni and hard salami. The one on the right has mushrooms, pepperoni, hard salami, hot sausage, and (obviously) green olives.

Mrs WM81 was VERY pleased. She's taking leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow!

pizza.jpg

pIzza that was brought to me form northern ontario - 10 hours away from - if anyone who has been in sault ste. Marie ontario - they know - best pizza - hands down - I've tried them all - Detroit Chicago new york(a close second) Toronto, montreal(also a close second) -
toppings on top .not under the cheese - pre cooked homemade sauce(huge difference) - dough is fermented for a few days(like Neapolitan pizza- not cheap cheese -highend -

pIzza that was brought to me form northern ontario - 10 hours away from - if anyone who has been in sault ste. Marie ontario - they know - best pizza - hands down - I've tried them all - Detroit Chicago new york(a close second) Toronto, montreal(also a close second) -
toppings on top .not under the cheese - pre cooked homemade sauce(huge difference) - dough is fermented for a few days(like Neapolitan pizza- not cheap cheese -highend -
No pictures, eh? You know what they say .......... 😁

Little wet around here this evening, so a good afternoon/evening to cook inside. Had some pieces and parts of frozen seafood in the freezer that isn't getting any younger, so some pasta, prawns, and a couple of scallops with a bit of garlic and basil for fun. Used some bucatini pasta to slurp up all that good olive oil. Topped with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Also made a poolish for some bagels, that comes later. Yum!

3-23-22_pasta.jpg

Ummm, not for dinner but breakfast. My youngest daughter will be thrilled when she gets home, she'll eat 3 of them tonight. Found some organic KA bread flour in the store, $2 less than their regular bread flour. It's "timer" was set to be up this December, so maybe getting too old for the average person to buy. It will be gone in our house in less than a month, so no worries here.

3-23-22_bagels-1.jpg

3-23-22_bagels-2.jpg

Ummm, not for dinner but breakfast. My youngest daughter will be thrilled when she gets home, she'll eat 3 of them tonight. Found some organic KA bread flour in the store, $2 less than their regular bread flour. It's "timer" was set to be up this December, so maybe getting too old for the average person to buy. It will be gone in our house in less than a month, so no worries here.

View attachment 86003

View attachment 86004

Some really nice looking bagels!

Latest posts

Back