What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to at least get some bottles clean today. Second apple batch has cleared in its glass 6.5 gallon carboy and needs to go into bulk aging in one of my 6 gallon carboys. Unfortunately all my 6 gallon carboys are in use! Need to early bottle one batch to free up a carboy. I'll pre-date the bottled batch, which I hope to get to no later then tomorrow, so that it gets a months extra bottle aging.

- or -

Maybe I can rush order a new carboy?

I enjoyed my holiday by starting with a early morning run, then installed a ceiling mount projector in my wife's office conference room. After lunch I fished a little and am now enjoying a glass of my 2015 muscadine.

I enjoyed my holiday by starting with a early morning run, then installed a ceiling mount projector in my wife's office conference room. After lunch I fished a little and am now enjoying a glass of my 2015 muscadine.

Did ya catch anything (other than a nap and some enjoyment outside on a nice Fall day)?

That's a fine day!

We saw "Keeping Up With The Jonses" this morning. Cute, funny; and at the $6.50 early bird price, totally worth it. Then walked across the way to PF Changs. Had shrimp Pad Thai and a nice Albarino. Went to Trader Joe's, then took a little nap after the kids got home from school (amazingly, they were playing quietly). Mom and kids are at Tae Kwon Do now while I preheat the oven for ho-made pizza and enjoy some of the TJ Amarone. I know, its hard work. :D

Cleaned bottles
Cleaned Brew room
Picked up cider
ImageUploadedByWine Making1478908809.656207.jpg
2 miles hike with kids & dog
Cold crash brown ale
Cleaned fermentor bucket
Cooked up Some pizzas
Watched Beauty &a Beast with kids
Once I am done typing this:
Warm up cider
Make starter
Sleep (maybe)

Elmer; said:
Cleaned bottles
Cleaned Brew room
Picked up cider
View attachment 32371
2 miles hike with kids & dog
Cold crash brown ale
Cleaned fermentor bucket
Cooked up Some pizzas
Watched Beauty &a Beast with kids
Once I am done typing this:
Warm up cider
Make starter
Sleep (maybe)

I take it you're not yet into your seventies?
smilie.gif

Are you going to make wine with that cider? I've got twelve gallons going right now because of how good last years 6 gallon batch of raw cider to wine turned out.

I take it you're not yet into your seventies?
smilie.gif

Are you going to make wine with that cider? I've got twelve gallons going right now because of how good last years 6 gallon batch of raw cider to wine turned out.

I got 27 year until 70, but due a back injury I have the lower back of a 90 year old!

I am making hard cider. Last year I used Nottingham ale yeast and bottle carbed, turned out slightly dry and tasty.
This year trying US-04 ale yeast.

Did ya catch anything (other than a nap and some enjoyment outside on a nice Fall day)?

I caught a few crappie and did not nap. Five years ago when I turned 50, I vowed to start running and never take another nap. I've kept my promise. Naps made me feel sluggish afterward.

Enjoyed the Savannah Food and Wine Festival then ended the day on Tybee Island at the Crabshack for a great meal.

Hung out at the Gun Club, shot a little IDPA pistol match, sighted in a couple of rifles for a friend, and finished with four rounds of skeet with old friends and a couple of new ones...just a deporable kinda day...it was great...beautiful day, good competition, and a lot of laughter.

I was a little sick this morning. Tonight I racked
4 -1 gallon batches of mead and bottled 5 gallons of lime skeeter pee. And yes I'm feeling much better now.

Helped out at my wine guilds annual wine show yesterday. There were 690 bottles of wine and I couldn't taste one of them - judges only! Today was the public day, but I had a family lunch so couldn't make it.

CAM00217.jpg

CAM00218.jpg

We did a wine show at Stage AE in Pittsburgh on Saturday and we have a lady's club tasting this evening. My wife is making her famous mulled wine, which caused us to sell out of Cab on Saturday. Sure wish I had brought another 2 cases to sell.

Getting ready to venture east this weekend with ffemt to pick up some equipment.

Latest posts

Back