What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I remember when I go just past the Weis Market on Rt 6 towards Mansfield, I see a turn to the left (North) that takes you to Hills Creek Lake (State Park). We probably won't be back until next Spring as we have to winterize and board up the cabin, too cold in the Winter to keep it operational. That road also becomes snowmobile only because of all of the ice. I used to go in when I owned a 4 x 4, but the Corolla just is no match for that road in Winter.

That'd get you there but turning left onto Charleston St. would be shorter and quicker. Lets try to get together next Spring.

That'd get you there but turning left onto Charleston St. would be shorter and quicker. Lets try to get together next Spring.

Sounds like a plan. We usually open the place on opening day of trout season. I always hit the Weis Market on the way in, you are only a hop-skip and jump from there. Maybe this blueberry wine I just bottled would be worthy to give you and your wife (assuming my wife let's me, she loves blueberry). Also have a bunch of raspberry, but it needs some aging (lot's o' acid at this point).

Sounds like a plan. We usually open the place on opening day of trout season. I always hit the Weis Market on the way in, you are only a hop-skip and jump from there. Maybe this blueberry wine I just bottled would be worthy to give you and your wife (assuming my wife let's me, she loves blueberry). Also have a bunch of raspberry, but it needs some aging (lot's o' acid at this point).

Same raspberry you gave me? I'll let it sit then.

Same raspberry you gave me? I'll let it sit then.

Yes, let it sit! I need to make a list of what I give away, I never remember... I'm only 54 and I can't remember now, what will I be like at 64 (I think there is a Beetles song about that). It is good now but I think it needs a bit of aging. I enjoy it but I admit two glasses and I'm feeling like I've got my daily requirement of Vitamin C taken care of, no scurvy here.

And you didn't invite all of us??? That sounds like a blast, especially if your weather is as good as ours is right now.

I wanted to post something on here earlier, but SWMBO told me she had already invited to many people. It was a great time, much wine was consumed, but not nearly enough. (About 6 cases of wine and a case and a half of beer was what I counted, while cleaning bottles), plus how ever many we just sent away with families and friends. Not nearly enough. The weather was outrageously great, my kids built a really nice fire in our firepit. And the live music was absolutely off the hook, as we knew it would be. If any of you are planning a party, check out the local performers. I think you will be very much surprised how little a guy or a small group with a guitar will charge to sing for a few hours and it added such a nice winery feel to the entire evening/

Bottled 37 cases of muscadine with ffemt. My turn to get hurt on a broken wine glass. So glad that Doug attended my first aid/CPR classes and knew how to save me.

BTW, he puts out a great meat and cheese tray. Now for labels for the Cousin Carlos, Simply Red and Noble Muscadine. Yum, but it will be sold at this weekends show in Pittsburgh....

Tonight we stabilized 12 gallons of pee, racked 15 gallons of Diamond and sanitized the new pump for blending Niagara with the Concord. We will back sweeten some 12 gallons of Sweet Dreams for bottling Wednesday....

Last edited:
Working today but hoping to start transferring my PA juices to glass today. I already transferred my 18 gallons of Italian Reds, 14 gallons of Tart Cherry and 14 gallons of Vidal Blanc. I still have about 100 gallons to go into glass.

Maybe I'll filter the latest batch of Skeeter pee in preparation of bottling. I have 1 case of beer bottles that some will go into and the rest will go into regular wine bottles.

well, I think regardless of how you voted..being on this site we know you have at least the occasional drink ;) so I say" Everyone raise a glass and toast that it's finally over and now to see what the future holds".

Holy S**t. Watching this election is incredible. Time to break out the Wild Turkey. Can you imagine a tie, it's possible?

Never got to the Wild Turkey, but I'll be fuzzy enough today at work. Cough, cough, cough, sneeze, cough, fart, cough...maybe I'll take a 1/2 day. Pray for our leaders, they need it.

Only got 3 hours sleep.
Not enough to coffee to get me through parent-teacher conf & a state wide conference call!
Today is not going to be fun

Never got to the Wild Turkey, but I'll be fuzzy enough today at work. Cough, cough, cough, sneeze, cough, fart, cough...maybe I'll take a 1/2 day. Pray for our leaders, they need it.

I finished the Turkey for you...been a long time since I sat and drank like that, but I was enjoying myself.

Up early, big breakfast, and churning away at my desk. Good day.

I finished the Turkey for you...been a long time since I sat and drank like that, but I was enjoying myself.

Up early, big breakfast, and churning away at my desk. Good day.

I'm trying to not sprain my neck as my head snaps back every time I catch myself drifting off to sleep at my desk. I'm too old to stay up that late, it was way past my bedtime.

Latest posts

Back