What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up 20 gallons each of Concord, Niagra, Fredonia, and Catawba. Also picked up 12 Seyval Blanc, 12 Vidal Blanc and 12 Tart Cherry. Not to go get sugar and bring up to 21 brix.

Hey Doug,
Does Mazza ship juice?

9 years ago (give or take an hour), I became a father for the first time. Hard to believe my 'little guy' (he's already shoulder height on me) is already 9. Normal day here, but tonight we are going to the Japanese steak house nearby. Kinda funny: we took the kids there for the first time for lunch over the summer. He fought tooth and nail to not go. Wasn't interested at all. He quickly changed his mind and now chooses it for his birthday dinner. :D

9 years ago (give or take an hour), I became a father for the first time. Hard to believe my 'little guy' (he's already shoulder height on me) is already 9. Normal day here, but tonight we are going to the Japanese steak house nearby. Kinda funny: we took the kids there for the first time for lunch over the summer. He fought tooth and nail to not go. Wasn't interested at all. He quickly changed his mind and now chooses it for his birthday dinner. :D

It's funny how most kids today are outgrowing their parents. My 18 year old son is 6' 5" and my 16 year old son is 6' 1". My wife and I are both 5' 11". Could it be the growth hormones in all of those chicken nuggets?

Feel lucky. Not all are like that.

Maybe I am just old and out of touch, but it seems to me that kids in general are growing up much slower that we did.

for example, I have 9 nieces and nephews in their mid to late 20's and only 1 (the oldest) is married.

A good example is when we went out to dinner and my 11 year old nephew came along. He proceeded to have a genuine 100% full on hissy fit. My gosh, he acted like a 3 year old. I just keep thinking that when 1 was 11 I had a part time job and knew how to behave. I kept thinking that this kid will be a teenager in less than 2 years and is acting like an infant.

I am convinced that kids grow up much slower these days. Glad to see that your son is an exception..

Stopped at Consumers Produce and picked up an Italian Barolo, Chianti and Valpolicello yesterday.

Today, I'm taking a half day and heading out to try and kick up some birds.

Good Luck! I think Mike is going out tomorrow. He got a 7 point on Tuesday so now it is on to some birds.

I have 9 nieces and nephews in their mid to late 20's and only 1 (the oldest) is married.

My 3 siblings and I all got married under the age of 23. My sister was actually 19. Shes 32 now (all are still married). My parents are in their low 50s and have 13 grandchildren. :)

Ready to go to Johnstown tomorrow for a wine show, though we are running out of wine quickly. Need to get some juice in quick, though we have a drum of Malbec and Merlot waiting for us at Consumer's. With vacation and work, there has not been any time to do any extracurricular activities. We will be helping out our church on Sunday by providing some free wine tastings on Sunday.

Meeting up with my cousin for an early lunch, since she's in town from Boston for a wedding. Then off to baseball. After that, it's a short run and time in the kitchen. Making a beef and mushroom ragu for dinner.

Last night we had outdoor movie night, screening two Charlie Brown movies. Plus there was a potluck and hot dogs. We had a great turnout and it was so fun for the kids and the parents.

Today my daughter has swimming lesson, then my hubby and I are headed to Park Tavern for a birthday dinner for a friend.

Birthday party with the kiddos this morning. Then meeting some friends at the Winery at Bull Run. It just opened a few years ago but has been getting pretty good reviews. Built adjacent to the Bull Run battlefield, it's pretty neat seeing what they uncovered when building and setting up the vineyards. All sorts of civil war artifacts. And at just 6 miles from my front door, it's a short trip. ;)

Putting final touches of design/plan on media center, bookcases and shelves we're building in our family room. Also need to rack my Syrah that finished up MLF and rack a Moscato. Using the All in One Wine Pump for first time, looking forward to trying it out.

What do you answer with when they say "are we there yet Dad"?

The younger one doesnt talk yet. Hes 9 months old. The older one just sits and asks what im doing the whole time and why.
Happened to have been a pretty good flight. My wife and older son sat in the back of the plane and i had the lap child (for 12 hours) a little further up front (in economy also). The flight was packed to the gills (not one extra seat on the plane), 54 lap babies on the flight and I actually got some sleep in. Cant say it was comfortable tho. My son is a heavy one.
Heres a pic of them. The older one is on the right.ImageUploadedByWine Making1477941540.881661.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back