What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to bottle 80 plus gallons of Muscadine and also transfer from fermenters to glass approximately 130 gallons of PA juice and 18 gallons of Italian reds. Pretty ambitious goal. Good thing is I have off Thursday and Friday next week if I need it.

Got my wine chores done and now its time for errands. Lowes, Ddick's (b-ball shoes for my oldest) and the grocery store. Then it is time to clear out the beds in the back yard from all the perennial debris. After that, I'll do a little mulching.

Tonight, the Mrs and I are headed to a 70's/80's costume party. Should be interesting. I'm channeling my inner hair band rock star.

Racked and K-Meta 10 carboys of this falls wine 3 Sangiovese 4 Montipuliciano 3 Amarone all Italian juice pails with lugs of grapes added.

My wife decided we had several bottles to many in our basement (somewhere north of 1000 and that doesn't include the 50 gallons or so in carboys) so we are having a party tonight. We have about 65 people saying they will be here, not including spouses. Yesterday I smoked 4 pork butts and 2 briskets. We should have enough food.

My wife decided we had several bottles to many in our basement (somewhere north of 1000 and that doesn't include the 50 gallons or so in carboys) so we are having a party tonight. We have about 65 people saying they will be here, not including spouses. Yesterday I smoked 4 pork butts and 2 briskets. We should have enough food.

And you didn't invite all of us??? That sounds like a blast, especially if your weather is as good as ours is right now.

Haven't used the AIO in several weeks, so after our men's breakfast, I declared today a wine day (not a whine day). Cleaned two cases of bottles and added a case to soak in OxyClean, racked the Brunello kit from this Spring, tested, added another ounce of American M+ cubes, racked the two Pinot Grigios from this Spring to partially degas and put out in the garage to start the cold stabilization process. Now have a White Zin, regular Zin and a Malbec to rack, a blueberry and Dornfelder to bottle and might move the Pinot Noir from this Spring just because I can do it quickly.

Doubt I will get all of it done as I'm getting tired (due to this cold) and I want to enjoy the outdoors. 62*F in November, just beautiful, need to start some charcoal to do burgers and dogs tonight at some point.

Broke out my new AIO today to rack my fall CA Syrah which finished MLF and racked my Moscato/Malvasia Bianca field blend. The AIO was super easy, especially from a guy coming off of double hernia surgery a few weeks ago. No more lifting full carboys, the AIO made racking a breeze.

Back from a short hike/walk using the Pine Creek Rail Trail between Wellsboro Junction and Ansonia Access Area. Picture was taken with my cell phone camera.
That's a nice trail, especially this time of year. I've also hiked/walked it in the Spring when the leaves are the size of a squirrels ear. Easy hike and lot's of pretty scenes along the way! Just watch for copperheads if you do it in the heat of summer. For some reason we always run into them that time of the year (seeking water?), so I tend not to walk it in mid-Summer.

Got up and going this morning at 3:45 to travel up state to GHSA Cross Country Championship Meet. It was an incredible day watching over a thousand athletes run their hearts out. Statesboro High teams didn't come close to the top, but gained lots of experience. I'm proud of our students for just making it to state. It was a long and tiring day, but we enjoyed every minute.

That's a nice trail, especially this time of year. I've also hiked/walked it in the Spring when the leaves are the size of a squirrels ear. Easy hike and lot's of pretty scenes along the way! Just watch for copperheads if you do it in the heat of summer. For some reason we always run into them that time of the year (seeking water?), so I tend not to walk it in mid-Summer.

This year we've crossed path with two rattlesnakes. Here is one encounter...

IMAG0169.jpg

I remember you posting that and that looked very much like the road we take in to our camp at Owassee. Such a beautiful area, but like many there are hidden, and sometimes not so hidden dangers.

If I remember correctly that was a dirt road we hiked a bit to get to the Asaph Trail just North of Rt. 6 in Asaph, PA.

Yes, you're right, I do remember now having already posted that picture.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly that was a dirt road we hiked a bit to get to the Asaph Trail just North of Rt. 6 in Asaph, PA.

Yes, you're right, I do remember now having already posted that picture.

That trail is four or five miles North of our place, we are just South of Rt 6 at Ansonia. You take the road to Colton Point, then veer off on the dirt road to the Owassee Natural Area (day use only); we are at the end of that road. You'll have to come visit sometime. Very nice to sit on the front porch (we have old rockers) enjoy watching people busting butt to ride up and down the rails to trails, and enjoy a good glass of beer or wine. We occasionally grill some really nice dinners, to go with our beer and wine.

That trail is four or five miles North of our place, we are just South of Rt 6 at Ansonia. You take the road to Colton Point, then veer off on the dirt road to the Owassee Natural Area (day use only); we are at the end of that road. You'll have to come visit sometime. Very nice to sit on the front porch (we have old rockers) enjoy watching people busting butt to ride up and down the rails to trails, and enjoy a good glass of beer or wine. We occasionally grill some really nice dinners, to go with our beer and wine.

I'm about a 35 minute drive from where Owassee and Colton roads come together. Wife and I live just west of Hills Creek State Park on Kelly Road. PM me when you plan on being in the area.

I'm about a 35 minute drive from where Owassee and Colton roads come together. Wife and I live just west of Hills Creek State Park on Kelly Road. PM me when you plan on being in the area.

As I remember when I go just past the Weis Market on Rt 6 towards Mansfield, I see a turn to the left (North) that takes you to Hills Creek Lake (State Park). We probably won't be back until next Spring as we have to winterize and board up the cabin, too cold in the Winter to keep it operational. That road also becomes snowmobile only because of all of the ice. I used to go in when I owned a 4 x 4, but the Corolla just is no match for that road in Winter.

Latest posts

Back