What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could do that, the deer in my area are pretty much grain fed. But I would know and I don't want to be that underhanded. She was a vegetarian before we started dating so the fact she eats any wild game is a step in the right direction. Our first child is due in February so hopefully I can raise him to be a proper omnivore

Bottled yet another 6 gallons of beer, I made 8 different 6 gallon batches a month ago and they are all just about clear, these batches are unbelievable!
I should be done bottling in time for the grapes and juice buckets to come in.

My wife complained about fermentation odors from my winery area in the basement so took the fan out of the bathroom and put it in the basement and cut a hole in the wall etc. then had to install new fan in bathroom ceiling, not fun at all. Got my wild plum batch going also, tomorrow going to give winemaking lessons in exchange for fresh concord grapes should be fun.

.I just finished my "cellos" From Left to right....
Arancello (Orangecello), Fragolina (Strawberry) and Limoncello (lemon)

Today is my mothers 74th Birthday, she tried and loved the Fragolina...lol..HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Cello1.jpg

I was supposed to go to the firing range today.

Instead I got run off the road by a dump truck and spent all day in the heat fixing my jeep up enough to drive it home.

Now I'm sore, the doctor put me on Mobic, lortab and tizanidine. Which means I'm still sore but also delusional and tired. My guns are upset because they never got shot. And I have insurance people to deal with. :BLECH:

And the driver never stopped. So its all on my insurance.

Last edited:
hey you ever come to houston any.
I may be getting a couple hundred pounds of apples and a 100 lbs of cranberrys from up north.
cranberry apple, may be good mix...

I was supposed to go to the firing range today.

Instead I got run off the road by a dump truck and spent all day in the heat fixing my jeep up enough to drive it home.

Now I'm sore, the doctor put me on Mobic, lortab and tizanidine. Which means I'm still sore but also delusional and tired. My guns are upset because they never got shot. And I have insurance people to deal with. :BLECH:

And the driver never stopped. So its all on my insurance.

Dam, now that is a bad day! Go have a glass of wine, well go have more than a glass. Did you by chance get any info on the other guy?

DessertMaker,
I'm sorry to hear about your day, did you manage to get any identifying info off the truck?
That SOB needs to get a swift *** whopping!

Crushed and pressed 6 gal. cider using Macouns and Cortlands, crushed and pressed pears for 2 gal. of juice. Pitched the yeast in 3 gal. batch of Frontenacs. Added 2 lb raisins to our 6 gal. batch of Italian Valpolicella. Labeled some 2013 Dandelion Wine we bottled last night.

Went to the doctor to check out my rotator cuff (not suspected to be torn, just strained), got the oil changed in both cars, did laundry, handled more emails and phone calls than I do when I work a full day, went to pick up my daughter at college and stopped at 2 wineries on the way home. Got home and opened the rear car door and had a bottle of Stueben hit the concrete driveway.

FYI - Full bottles of Stueben wine do NOT bounce when they hit a concrete driveway. Rats....

Hokapsig, sorry about the nice bottle. But at least you have your baby girl home.
Went fishing in the bay this morning. Apparently the fish got up way earlier than I did and had breakfast without me. Came home any racked my Sangiovese to the secondary. Then started a new batch of a cheap white from Amazon. Reserve Du Chateau 4 Week Wine Kit, Italian Orvieto Style. I'm hoping Joeswine raisin tweak will make it a drinkable wine.

Pumpkinman said:
DessertMaker,
I'm sorry to hear about your day, did you manage to get any identifying info off the truck?
That SOB needs to get a swift *** whopping!

Julie said:
Dam, now that is a bad day! Go have a glass of wine, well go have more than a glass. Did you by chance get any info on the other guy?

Thanks pumpkin and Julie, no truck info. All I saw was 3 dump trucks, a lot of dust dirt and debris covered my windshield, I got over to try and clear my vision and then I saw the broadside of one of the trucks and hit 2 ditches and an 8" driveway curb.

The trucks kept going. Then when the cop showed up the gravel pit owner appeared out of nowhere to tell me him I was a liar and there was no debris.

If I hadn't been in uniform myself I might have whooped his @;$:: right then.

Oh and the doc put me on lortab and a muscle relaxer. So no wine. But I did enjoy some home brewed water kefir. Sarah's been walking me through lactofermentation. We should have a whole forum on kefir, kombucha and other SCOBYs! That stuff is GOOD! I'm addicted. I hold it against all of you SCOBY fermenters on here for holding out on me for a year!

Last edited:
dessertmaker said:
Oh and the doc put me on lortab and a muscle relaxer. So no wine. But I did enjoy some home brewed water kefir. Sarah's been walking me through lactofermentation. We should have a whole forum on kefir, kombucha and other SCOBYs! That stuff is GOOD! I'm addicted. I hold it against all of you SCOBY fermenters on here for holding out on me for a year!

Sorry to hear that dessert, I drive a TJ and I would not want to be side swiped in that tin can.

I made it to the range today without incident. The shotgun was still zeroed but the new scope on the 300 winmag needs more fine tuning.

I,ve done 2 days worth of prep work on my driveway, going to seal it next week. Oh yeah picked up 3 lugs of Merlot grapes, crushed them, made a few grape packs and started a cold soak on the rest. Only bought the 3 lugs because it's my first time working with just grapes. I don't want to mess up a larger batch of wine. Bakervinyard

Went to Simmon's Farm for the pumpkin patch this mornig with my wife and daughter. Had a minor injury to deal with that involved a large quantity of blood. On the way home stopped at Kavic Winery for some medical advice from the good Doc. Lickily my wife didn't need stitches. Had 2 glasses of wine while there and came home with 5 bottles, just what the doctor ordered. After leaving the winery we came home and made lasagne then finished the night off with a bottle of wine and a bonfire. All are in bed, im still enjoying the fire. Think I need another log and another glass of wine.

tomorrow I will do some wiring for myson in the am then transfer 66 galons of wine to carboys. Tomorrow will be a long day......

God bless all....and good night...

.I just finished my "cellos" From Left to right....
Arancello (Orangecello), Fragolina (Strawberry) and Limoncello (lemon)

Today is my mothers 74th Birthday, she tried and loved the Fragolina...lol..HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Hey Tom, can you send me the recipe's for these please?

Back