What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I left the ginger in the primary too long. I took it out last night along with all the pulp. It squeezed fairly well out of the strainer bags. After the pulp was removed im guessing i have 19 or 20L. I'm pretty sure I can fix the ginger oversight with back sweetening. It's floating around 1.018 today so odds are ill rack it into a carboy in the next day or so.

Planted two peach, two pear and an apple tree in my neighbors back yard close to my line. I buy the tree's and get the fruit, he pays the taxes and gets the bumble bees swarming the fallen rotting fruit. Sounds like a fair deal to me!

I'm about to head out to harvest 500 pounds of Marquette. I'll crush/destem and freeze the must until I'm ready for it.

stuck in DC today and making plans to go over and press off my pears tomorrow. I also found another bag of crab apples so they might get combined and pressed with the pears.

Maybe I can convince another wine making friend to take a trip north next weekend for some more juice....

plowboy said:
Sorry to hear that dessert, I drive a TJ and I would not want to be side swiped in that tin can.

I made it to the range today without incident. The shotgun was still zeroed but the new scope on the 300 winmag needs more fine tuning.

This jeep is tougher than I thought. But luckily I didn't get sideswiped. The dump truck lost part of its load into my windshield and when the dust cleared another one was turning in front of me so I took the ditch instead of the giant metal truck.

If it hadnt been for the 8 inch concrete driveway busting my tire and bumper, it would have been nothing but a joy ride.

stuck in DC today and making plans to go over and press off my pears tomorrow. I also found another bag of crab apples so they might get combined and pressed with the pears.

Maybe I can convince another wine making friend to take a trip north next weekend for some more juice....

I have everything ready to go for pressing. See you this evening...

Hokapsig stopped by to press some pear juice. Ended up with right around 6 gallons of juice. Since I received my sc300 back today we checked ph and ta of 4 of Bill's wines. Now to see what the plans are for this weekend and determine if a trip to walkers is in order.

The Wedding Wine

Well this is what I've been up to. I am attempting to make wine for my sons wedding next year. Not for the party itself but to be given as part of the favors they will be giving to the guests along with some pasta and sauce. my future daughter in law likes Pinot Noir so that is what we are making. We are making a batch of three six gallon kits
SanitizedandMarked.jpg

Sanitized and marked.
ThreeKitsBatched.jpg

Three kits batched.
SgCheckedYeastPitched.jpg

SG checked, Yeast pitched.
OffWeGo.jpg

Day Two Off we go. ;)

Well this is what I've been up to. I am attempting to make wine for my sons wedding next year. Not for the party itself but to be given as part of the favors they will be giving to the guests along with some pasta and sauce. my future daughter in law likes Pinot Noir so that is what we are making. We are making a batch of three six gallon kits
SanitizedandMarked.jpg

Sanitized and marked.
ThreeKitsBatched.jpg

Three kits batched.
SgCheckedYeastPitched.jpg

SG checked, Yeast pitched.
OffWeGo.jpg

Day Two Off we go. ;)

Seems like the thing to do. We made wine for my nieces wedding last year for favors and my boss is making favors for his son-in-laws wedding next year.

Got my apple batch into secondary this morning. I was a little late to work because of it but I don't think anybody caught on.

image-3307486483.jpg

Well, I'm still a rookie. Haven't had time to buy marbles and I don't have a stock of fruit wine to fall back on. There is still a bit of co2 degassing out of them so I have a bit of time to play with. It's on the to-do list but work comes first the majority of the time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like the thing to do. We made wine for my nieces wedding last year for favors and my boss is making favors for his son-in-laws wedding next year.

ffemt128, I made a Reisling and a Merlot as favors for my daughters wedding this past June. It was a big hit. The wedding was at a vinyard also. Bakervinyard

Between innings of the ball game, I will go down and add some sugar to the pear juice and pitch some yeast (D47). And if I get time, sanitize some bottles as I need to empty some carboys...

I wonder, I have some marble sized aquarium gravel that is still brand new. Would that fill the void? Sanitizing it and all that jazz of course.

Home due to shutdown. So I'm getting caught up. I'll be racking and/or filtering the Chardonnay, California Grand Red, blueberry port, Black Forest Port and Petite Syrah. Chardonnay and Grand Red will be bottled.

Grass cut before the rain, and did the laundry before my wife got home. Bottles in place for bottling some blends and the oaked Roija.

Latest posts

Back