What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are pear trees and cherry trees like apple trees in the respect that the best time to plant is 20 years ago?

i bought two cherry trees last year .the supplier told me they would produce in 3to 5 years. of coarse i didn't ask how much .hope i don't have to wait 20 years!

i bought two cherry trees last year .the supplier told me they would produce in 3to 5 years. of coarse i didn't ask how much .hope i don't have to wait 20 years!

sweet i was hoping it would be sooner than later.

going to pick up my Sister from the airport. can you believe she wants to move back to MO from Kauai? :d i actually do, the island is 15 miles x 30 miles total, still a wonderful place to go.

Are pear trees and cherry trees like apple trees in the respect that the best time to plant is 20 years ago?

It all depends on the rootstock m'deario, a "natural" tree on its own roots can take up to 5-7 years to begin bearing fruit, but the dwarf trees are much quicker as they reach their full size quicker:D

Well today I filled 2 kegs of Newcastle Brown Ale clone. Racked 10 gallons of a Killian's clone. When SWMBO & daughter come home we will be having 3 bottles of wine tonight. Unsure of what (it's their choice)
:dg :dg :dg = :d LOL

Tonight I was the good son. Did dinner, being that I'm a home husband right now, not working and the wife is bringing home the bacon. Took some of it to my 81 year old mother a couple blocks away. Now I'm enjoying a bottle of cheap merlot from Wally's World. Got to get the bottle empty some how.

I went flying this evening. I just came in from work and a friend of mine called and asked if I'd like to go flying.

The first picture is our chariot to the sky. It's a 1946 Piper Cub, the next pictures are the rolling hills of northern Pennsylvania. It's alot prettier once the trees have leaves.

IMG_4028_1_1.jpg

IMG_4032_5_1.jpg

IMG_4033_6_1.jpg

^^green with envy^^ i went up once a LONG time ago with my dad. he asked if i wanted to fly it and i freaked!! LOL !! wish now that i had but at 8 there was NWIH i had the nerve LOL!

today, im being a lazy hag! got a sinus headache and am refusing to do anything not vital to mine or my daughters existance! (ie..i made dinner but wont do the dishes LOL) the dogs are happy she can feed them cuz i almost forgot LMAO! poor pups!

DAMN that an old plane I am almost as old as the plane.

Those members from Pennsylvania and Southern New York State have probably heard quite a bit about drilling for natural gas in Marcellus shale, the first photo is a drill site, and a rather small one.

Photo 2 we are back at my friends landing strip, it runs almost parallel with the left spar of the plane. You can another plane has come to visit and is on the side of the strip.

Photo 3 we're about to land.

IMG_4042_15_1.jpg

IMG_4059_32_1.jpg

IMG_4069_42_1.JPG

No pics of the PA Grand Canyon?

Mabey next time, we were talking about checking out some of the larger drill sites that are over that way. The Grand Canyon is only an hour by car from here. I do have some pics of it from the floor as there is a wonderful bicycle trail there that we have ridden several times.

Rod

I have a visit to the midwife this afternoon and then going shopping for maternity clothing.
I'll rack my ginger and lemon tonight.

Rodo, those are some cool pictures. Sure does bring back some good ole memories. About 20 years ago I had a Phantom Ultralight, aluminum frame and nylon skin. 40 hp rotax engine. It sure was fun to fly around here. Give her the gas and in 35 feet you were starting to fly.

went ahead and bought 2 more cherry trees. planted them while i was at it. gotta have enough to make enough wine :)

did you buy sweet or sour cherry trees ? imade wine with our sour cherries two years ago.i really liked it .made wine with sweet cherries last fall didn,t think it was as good but it had not aged as long .maybe it will be better after a year .sure hope so!

great day, wonderful time playing raquette ball with friends,
iritating night, gonna go clean n chill i guess!

Bottled my white Zinfandel and Trio Blanca. YA HOOO my all my toys came today from George. Unbelievable, he also sent a **** load of peanuts along with the order. :db

revamping my bedroom.. adding a feature wall in red paint ( leftover paint from the kitchen.. )

might use a warm grey for the other walls haven't decided yet..

just finished scrubbing the walls, ready to get out the paintbrush.

Back