What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke down 47 empty wine boxes to take to recycling joint. Picked up another brew belt and some air locks this morning. Can't beleive I ran out, I thought I had so many. Trying to make room for next shipment of wine bottles.

Trouble maker!!:w You guy's missed the whacko that was on here this afternoon. Good ol Tommy whacked him though!

Typical I go off doing stuff and miss the action must have been pretty raw to deserve the "Order of The Boot"!!:D

Darn, I missed another wacko getting wacked!

Yeah this immigration stuff is pretty intimidating but we'll do it, like Larr said one step at a time, there is no way to hurry it.

Leanne knows that, but for her I am sure it seems quite overwhelming.

Thatnks for all your reassurances.

Yeah but we'll marrying on US soil. It's so bloody complicated!
You know what? I just want to marry Troy and raise the babies. It seems so complicated though!

It should be slightly easier being married to a citizen and if you have the kids here they will be citizens. Only slightly easier though. My wife had to jump through so many hoops to get her's it was ridiculous. Unfortunately she was also doing it as they kept moving what governmental department was handling it. Every one wanted something different and it kept setting her back.

When they finally swore her in as a citizen (despite living here since she was 10) it had taken about 4 years. The case worker looked at her file and seeing all the mess ups and craziness that had happened got her swore in right then; rather then have her come back (600 miles one way) to get sworn in with a couple thousand other folks months later.

I don't know if she can really help out much as everything has changed with DHS and your situation is different, but if you'd like to PM me I can get you in touch with her if you wanna just chat with someone who has been through it.

eating vegemite on toast for breakfast and reading through the unanswered threads list.

eating vegemite on toast for breakfast and reading through the unanswered threads list.

I have always heard of vegemite.

Can you describe what it tastes like, and how it is made???

That is one product that I have never seen for sale in the US. But maybe I just go to the wrong stores.:D

um no..

it's a yeast extract..

like a strong black stock, based on oxtail soup..good for you in winter, full of vitamins. but vegetarian.

best I can describe it
nice on buttered toast as a spread..

Allie

I heard Vegemite had something to do with what was left over after fermenting beer, any truth to that? Just wondering!

Got to love this:

We're happy little Vegemites
As bright as bright can be.
We all enjoy our Vegemite
For breakfast, lunch, and tea.
Our mummies say we're growing stronger
Every single week,
Because we love our Vegemite
We all adore our Vegemite
It puts a rose in every cheek.

Thanks Allie, Now you know what you can get us all for Christmas next year. LOL:slp

Isn't it the same as marmite? I love Marmite.
Pottering around in my wineroom today.

Our oldest boy brought some vegemite back from Australia a few years ago and it is definitely an acquired taste, and one I didn't acquire - quite salty. Tried it again when I spent some time in NZ but still couldn't eat it. But I guess I'm slow to acquire tastes anyway - took me 20 years to like rappie pie ( an Acadian dish).

Isn't it the same as marmite? I love Marmite.
Pottering around in my wineroom today.

not quite, marmite is yeast and vegetable extract/hydrolized vegetable protien, vegemite is just veggie as far as I can recall, still nice though:D

Back