What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My youngest son is home from college this weekend, when he gets up we're going to watch the Australian GP. Later I'm going to make some organizational items for my wine room

Rod

Sitting here contemplating whether or not I want to go bottle some wine. My back is killing me but I dont know if thats because of all the very hard work I had to do this week or because i have been actually doing nothing this weekend so far to try and let it calm down. Sometimes doing nothing seems to make it worse but I get yelled at when Im hurting but go own there to do wine or beer work by the lady!

Hey Tom, thanks for the information yesterday. I got both containers of the Vidal cooking now. Still not sure what the starting sg would be at 44 brix. If my calculations are right it would be about 1.20 Also at what sg do you think I can move the to the secondary.

Last edited:
That Brix is the equivalent to about 1.184. For every Brix it is approx .004 on the sg scale.

Wade,
My scale only goes to 1.170= 40 brix.

Once it gets going fermenting move to cooler temps adviseable per joeswine.
I would rack around 1.065 because you might want to crash cool soon after so you can stun the yeast

So basicaly Im right, according to your scale it would be about 1.186 then.
1.170 + 0.016 = 1.186 or 44 Brix

Just finshed cutting and trimming trees...Need to bottle wine but not in the mood right now...maybe in the next couple days.:b

I'm home with a sick kid. Once he's asleep, I might be able to stabilize the pinot grigio and clean up the house before work.

I'm wading through US immigration law. You folks certainly don't make it easy! Lol.

Leanne,
I'm sitting in D.C. all day today, can I walk any paperwork up the Hill for you? It's raining and 50 deg in D.C. today, Guess I'll spend the day in the gym

Leanne,
I'm sitting in D.C. all day today, can I walk any paperwork up the Hill for you? It's raining and 50 deg in D.C. today, Guess I'll spend the day in the gym

I really wish you could! Lol. It's so complicated!

Yeah, I'd have just had to commit a crime! Lol.
Seriously, any help greatly appreciated!

I'm sure everything will work out for you and Troy. I can't even imagine the hoops you will need to jump through to make this happen being on opposite sided of the world. The legal BS has to be unbelievable.

I'm sure everything will work out for you and Troy. I can't even imagine the hoops you will need to jump through to make this happen being on opposite sided of the world. The legal BS has to be unbelievable.

It's terrifying!
It's all geared to keeping me out!

Last edited:
Leanne - Itsuko and I got married in the US Embassy in Tokyo in June 1968. There was a bit of paperwork to fill out for this. You just fill out one piece of paper at a time. I know its doable.
Larry

Leanne - Itsuko and I got married in the US Embassy in Tokyo in June 1968. There was a bit of paperwork to fill out for this. You just fill out one piece of paper at a time. I know its doable.
Larry

Yeah but we'll marrying on US soil. It's so bloody complicated!
You know what? I just want to marry Troy and raise the babies. It seems so complicated though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back