What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raised rabbits a couple times. Easy to take care of, they breed fast, grow fast and you get to use the hide. Had chickens a few time but they can be a pain. You live somewheres warm so it aint so bad, but when you are in the colder regions it is a different ball game, I mean "egg" game.

I'd like to raise a lamb because it is so darn expensive to buy here, but where I am living now the property owner aint having no "livestock", lucky for me he don't mind cats.

Troy

Oh.. he minds! But hes a great guy. 73 yo, no way I can outwork him, I've tried. When he seen me loading all 17 cases of empty wine bottles he said he couldn't believe I drank all that wine. I had to explain that indeed I had, just not out of those bottles!! LOL

we saw chicks n ducks at TSC yesterday and no matter how much i begged i was not allowed to get em!! i even promised to eat them and not just have pets...but he said id have to butcher it my self and that aint gonna happen.....thats what other people are for!! i got a friend who is from siberia and she knows that stuff so she was gonna be the butcher and i was gonna be the raiser.sounded like a good plan to me right??? **sigh** they were so cute to!!

cute! schmute! they taste good!, fire up a "machorka" and do it, confit duck legs, rare saute' breast with saute' potatos and green salad, the rest is soup!, what are you thinking?, you want to pay for these cute ducky's to have a nice life?, what are you? (self edited!)...........................?

I love my kitty!, but she is a PITA!, wandering across the keypad!, if I had a good recipe!...........Catsup?

Last edited:
LMAO ohbeary!! now i know they are for eating, but cant i play with them n give em a good life whilst fattening them up ;) my daughter was mortified at the prospect but i am quite keen on it!!

tho there is no way "rare" will present itself upon my plate! Well Done is all i will do!! and you can tell me about tenderness and flavor till ur blue in the face and i still wont do it LOL!

OH and OH CRAP IM BURNT!!! dangit i mowed the lawn (...again...) and i got a stingin burn!! its not bad, and will most likley tan out, but im PINK! and in my orange top...well i CLASH with my clothing LMAO!!!

OH and OH CRAP IM BURNT!!! dangit i mowed the lawn (...again...) and i got a stingin burn!! its not bad, and will most likley tan out, but im PINK! and in my orange top...well i CLASH with my clothing LMAO!!!

Oooh, ouch! I hope that doesn't hurt for too long Nikki. I burn very easily too. My heart goes out to you.
We have a four day weekend and I had forgotten, so all my grand plans for today are laying by the wayside. Still I can get some more gardening done. It's sprucing up nicely out there now after it's winter rest.

naw it stings a tad but ill live LOL! i look festive today with my green shirt and red arms :)

I realized my new hen has gone broody and am now plotting how to change that. Since easter she may just be jealous that hers are not the only green eggs in the house. Got a crown installed at the dentist and unburied the "office".

give her less daylight to stop the broodiness......works for my parrots neways LOL! and yes wade , very christmassy! just as bad to today with a white top...i cant win LOL!

about to head off to work , the girl has a tour of the gov.s mansion today with her scout troop.why do they schedule stuff during a work day?? crazy people!! oh well at least my MIL is here and can take my daughter for me so i dont loose pay! then tonight is softball, my daughter is so excited Granny will be there to watch!

gonna be a good day, hope it is for yall as well!!!

Last edited:
Are you sure you're an artist and not a chef? that sounds like chef food!:h lol, ragou de boeuf/ navarin d'agneau en croute?

Last edited:
If you are Ferran Adria or Alain Ducasse I would be delighted to potwash for you, I have been a professional chef for nearly 40 years but if you throw in free wine and board I might just get me an air ticket:h roflmao :) thanks for the invite but the comute could be tricky:h

Babyproofed the dining & living rooms, put gates up, fenced off the HDTV, plugged the electrical outlets, etc for grandma to start watching our 14 mo. old grandaughter Maya for two days a week. I enjoy seeing her arrive, play with her for a short while then off to work I go. - Have a nice day grandma. Maya will be spending Monday & Tuesday at daycare, Wednesday & Thursday at our house.
Larry

I started a fire in the woodburner, boy I thought I was done with that. I watched ice chunks falling from the sky today when I got off of work, I kept thinking about my cherry trees. Oh I soooooo hope not to have a bad frost. :(

i know it aint wine related, but i just finished making a few rain scented soy candles and am well pleased with the outcome!! love that scent!!! cant wait for em to set up so i can burn em and make em liquid again LMAO!!

This is general Chit Chat, it doesnt have to wine related so whatever it is flies as long as its PG rated!

PG rated?!?! well dang u take all the fun outta it LOL!!! JK

the candle set up nice! i think i even got the wicks centered.....but i just tried my peach wine ...i bottled that before yall.......ITS HORRIBLE!!!!:( BLECK!!!! way to alcohol tasting! it will make a good base for my sangria this summer tho, just notsutible for straight up drinking.......sigh!! ok almost time for peaches to be in season again so ill redo and pay attention to what yall say! man wish i had yall last year :slp

Back