What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to alc tasting? What was the starting sg? If anything above 1.085 then there in lies the problem! If so, then it will need a longer time to age to come around.

who knows i didnt follow any recipie or directions or get a sg ..........um ya.......i know......BUT in my defence, it was before i had yall LOL!!!! i left it in the carboy to clear for quite awhile. its real purdy looking and so very clear! maybe i left it in to long... who knows really! i know it bubbled and fermented for over a week, then i transfered it. bottled it in december....maybe it was jan??? who knows...... ive been a busy nikki and didnt lable or keep notes!!!

oh, i had one then as well!!! ROFLMAO!!! **puts nose in corner** promise now that i have read stuff, to keep notes and readings from here on out!!!

Bottled my Green Apple Reisling last night, Alc is abt 13% and it's quite tasty. Racked off my Black Raspberry Merlot from the primary this morning. Cleaned the kitchen floor and now we are getting ready to go the Circus. It will be our 3 y/o first circus.

It's going to be a good day. Maybe I'll stabilize and backsweeten the Apple wine today so that it can go back to the carboy for more aging.

YAY!!! startted the blackberry today !!! my little helper decided to drag herself away from her toys long enough to help ! here she is dissolving the sugar for me.

DSC_0001.jpg

Nikki, thanks for sharing. Its always nice to see photo's of family members helping out. When I started to make a french red wine my daughter get real interested as she had just spent three weeks in France with her high school. She also enjoys putting on the label's and shrink capsules. Now she's away at Penn State but still enjoys helping when she makes it home.

KY just loves to help out! she also helps me with the soaps and candles i make. i make sure to only do melt n pour soap so there is no lye!! cant have her into that right now!! streses me out letting her disolve the sugar LOL!!!

sorry the pic was so big, it looks great on my monitor but my monitor is huge, anyone with a smaller screen may cuss me LOL

Wow, she looks very cmuch like my daughter when she was a little younger!!! A picture of my daughter a few years back, shes now 11 going on 12 in a few months. As of me, I just gave blood so cant drink or exert myself today but I did go weed wack and then put up the Cabana on my deck and that literally wiped me out!

Megan.jpg

Very nice looking girls you guy's have. I cut my grass and fertilized today. Got my first load of mulch to put down in the gardens also. We usually end up putting down about 15 yards of mulch in our flower gardens.

wade, shes beautiful! almost 12 huh? ur gonna need a big gun soon!!! poor little teenage poors are gonna get a scare when they meet daddy huh? i DREAD boys meeting Ky's dad, shes only 8 now and hes ALREADY having fits LOL!! gonna have to put a seditive in his daily beer LOL

HAHAHAH!!! i figured with ur Av, that u were a gun guy! weve got a few , mostly hand guns, ive got a colt that i cant shoot (sniff sniff tearing up) it kicks to bad for my arthritis, so i shoot hubbys .22.......no kick there LOL! u shuld look at my FB pics, Kylie would not shoot the red rider her dad got her, untill he painted it PINK!!! so she has a Pink Rider BB gun LOL

thinking about getting her a cricut .22 rifle, have u seen those? they are adorable and she is in love with them! a little smaller so itll fit her better to! that BB gun is WAY to big!

House renovations, again. Put some hardwood flooring in a buddy's house yesterday and doing some wiring in my own today. Off to mow the grass right now.

I have not seen the cricket. Mud, Ill be doing another hardwood floor next week as a side job. To bad its for a wifes friend so I wont be making much money but a buck is a buck right. Its the third in her house, she gets a little money and Im doing her house room by room which kinda blows as I have to pack up my car with all my tools just to drive about 19 miles down the road and unpack it the pack it up again at the end of the day when im done and unload it in my basement, that alone should cost her what Ive been charging her for each room!

that unloading and loading sucks wade, but the karma will come back to you in the end. a good deed is a good thing and we can all use that karma! good for yall two , taking care of friends like this!

I have not seen the cricket. Mud, Ill be doing another hardwood floor next week as a side job. To bad its for a wifes friend so I wont be making much money but a buck is a buck right. Its the third in her house, she gets a little money and Im doing her house room by room which kinda blows as I have to pack up my car with all my tools just to drive about 19 miles down the road and unpack it the pack it up again at the end of the day when im done and unload it in my basement, that alone should cost her what Ive been charging her for each room!

I agree with you Wade, my husband does a lot of side jobs and the only people who get the jobs done for nothing are family members, parents don't even have to help but brothers (neither one of us have a sister) have to be right there helping out. Friends pay unless there is something they can do for us and then we barther. Most people do not understand the amount of work it takes just to haul the equipment. Friends are getting a deal because Mike never charges them full price.

right on about hauling tools. Loading and unloading the car is the pits. This guy is a special case, though, so it's all free, as is all the work I do for immediate family. No one has ever tried to take advantage.

I just got home from a juice bucket shopping extravaganza. I got stuff for a concord juice.

I also picked up 2 cases of green bottles... 24 bottles for 4 bucks... good deal in my book!

Latest posts

Back