What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scheduled a vacation day today to change the oil in the truck and reack off some wines that have been sitting since Halloween. Home with a sick 5 y/o, we'l see how much of the original plan gets accomplished today. She seems to be feeling better but still have some bad coughing going on.

Bottles my Cherry Limeade last night. It has a unique flavor! Made some more labels (at work) :D and wrapped more Christmas presents for the kids. Here is a pic of a couple if bottles.

image-2625929815.jpg

Pitched the yeast for another batch of Cranberry Pomegranite. Gave a stir to my Roija and Red Zin that I picked up at Luva Bella. The wife is complaining that the basement again smells like a winery. I told her that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Pitched the yeast for another batch of Cranberry Pomegranite. Gave a stir to my Roija and Red Zin that I picked up at Luva Bella. The wife is complaining that the basement again smells like a winery. I told her that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

That reminds me, I need to go stir the cran berry pom and check the sg. Added lime over the weekend.

Did I mis the Roija on L'uva bella's list???? DANG!!!!

Roija is the wine that I liked best when I had to work overseas. I had a Roija Reserve that was about $300 a bottle and it was great! Hopefully this one turns out close to that.

Day #1 of vacation and I am stuck at work. ARGH!!!

okay, so the contractors left early today, so I spent the afternoon looking up sources and prices for Brianna and St. Pepin juices in bulk (wholesale) quantities. Sounds like Doug and I are going to go on a road trip next year....

Bottles my Cherry Limeade last night. It has a unique flavor! Made some more labels (at work) :D and wrapped more Christmas presents for the kids. Here is a pic of a couple if bottles.

View attachment 6379

I've been thinking about this particular blend for my husband (not a fan of wine in general, though we have found one or two) but am concerned about the outcome of the flavor. How is this one? Thanks Tat!

Beautiful label, BTW

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this particular blend for my husband (not a fan of wine in general, though we have found one or two) but am concerned about the outcome of the flavor. How is this one? Thanks Tat!

Beautiful label, BTW

It does have a unique flavor. If your husband likes cherry cheescake, he will love this wine!!! I cracked open a couple of bottles last night after they had chilled for 24 hours and the taste was magnificent!! Each sip left the same taste as cherry pie filling in your mouth! I should probably call it liquid cherry cheesecake! The best part is that it will only get better with time. I can't wait to taste a glass after it has been in the bottle for about a month and see how the flavor matures. I'm at work and my mouth is watering just typing this! LOL

Thanks for the nice compliment about the label also!

okay, so the contractors left early today, so I spent the afternoon looking up sources and prices for Brianna and St. Pepin juices in bulk (wholesale) quantities. Sounds like Doug and I are going to go on a road trip next year....

Finger Lakes?

I'm game, I beleive he was looking towards Iowa Dan. If we can get it in New York, that may be even closer. Do you have any contacts up that way.

As I stated before, I've been home all week with a sick 5 y/o. Well it has hit both Olesia and myself at this point. Surprisingly enough, if you eat a pepperchini ad drink a glass of Jalepeno Pepper wine, it gives you temporary relief from sinus congestion. Looks like I'll be heading to the cellar for another bottle to hold us over for the remainder of the week. LOL.

bulk Brianna

I'm game, I beleive he was looking towards Iowa Dan. If we can get it in New York, that may be even closer. Do you have any contacts up that way.

Sorry, I got busy and couldn't respond timely.

I was checking out the Iowa Grape Growers, Nebraska Growers and Wisconsin Grape Growers website. But Dan, if you know of PA or NY growers that would have Brianna and St. Pepin in bulk, I am all ears. That will save Doug some driving time.... :)

Breaking in my Vadai barrel while reading here and ignoring my gift wrapping responsibilities. :D

Doug, I can relate to the feeling sick...blah...been almost a week,,,,never had an ear ache like this, head pounding......grrrrrrr..

Feeling better and better each day. Snow storm they were calling for in the Pgh are was a flop :)D). Need to run out for some last minute shoping today and then maybe actually make it to the cellar to rack some wine. Not a big deal if not. I'm off Tues-Friday next week.

Maybe I'll take my AR-15 and my 30 round magazines which are standard issue to the range for a bit this weekend. LOL:gb:gb

Back