What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still dealing with this miserable cold and ear ache......
Anywho....
Racked and back sweetened the 5 gallons of Red Dragon Melomel (yesterday)
Racked, stabilized and back sweetened the German Gewurztraminer (Last night)
Bottled 5 Gallons Dragon Blood (yesterday)

Right now I am in the process of driving my husband crazy because I am waiting for my daughter and family who are driving up from Florida.

I'm finally back, changed companies and I'm much happier after 14+ years at the other place. Picked up an Island Mist: Strawberry Lychee and started it today. Before adding the sugar to give it a little higher percentage, the S.G. was 1.048 before adding 4 pounds of sugar. The new S.G. is now at 1.074. Much better now, I'm hoping it will be. This is my first time with just fruits, even though it's still a kit wine box. My Fredonia, I bottled 3 months ago now has some settlement in it. But I did filter it before I bottled it. I was told I should have put it in the refrig while it was still in the carboy. Anyway, I can't wait till this is done. I liked the lychee in japan as gum and candy. I also had lychee flavored sake in Texas while visiting my Mom and Brother, "WOW" that was even better.

Racked my Chianti and Lambrusco, after almost 3 months, they've just about lost that young tart taste and I can taste the wine developing, they are going to be nice!!!!!!!

Just changed the water out on my new Vadai. A few more days and the Super Tuscan will be ready to go in.

Just ordered a Winery series Cab from George's. I had to, just opened a bottle that I made last year on Christmas day and it is just sooooo good.

Bringing the Cran Pom, Red Zin and Roija upstairs as it may be a tad chilly in the basement for the yeast to do its thing.

I am getting emails and calls for ordering wine as Christmas presents, so its gonna be a bottling and delivery day....

Racked the CC Sterling Merlot and Red Mountain Trio #1. I'll let 'em sit for a few days (or maybe a week), then bottle. Now off to run around like a crazy person for the next 36 hours. :xmas

I am in mourning since my "Stillers" went down to defeat yesterday at the hands (feet, elbows, legs, etc.) of the Bengals and are out of the playoffs. In truth, it was a mercy killing. I cannot understand how a management team can believe you can go into an NFL season with an outstanding but injury prone QB backed up by two QBs, one aged and the other of questionable ability. Not a sound plan IMHO.

Rocky, sorry but a Ravens fan here. I was happy to see that just because we never know what will happen against you guys. You had a great team for many years.

Sorry Rocky, but, being a Cowboys fan, that was sweet to watch yesterday! If my Boys can beat the Deadskins next week, then they will be in the playoffs and win the East!!! (I'm not really holding out any hope, but there is a chance.) I would rather watch ny beloved Vols play though. I guess I'll have to wait until next year for that. :'(

Sorry Rocky, but, being a Cowboys fan, that was sweet to watch yesterday! If my Boys can beat the Deadskins next week, then they will be in the playoffs and win the East!!! (I'm not really holding out any hope, but there is a chance.) I would rather watch ny beloved Vols play though. I guess I'll have to wait until next year for that. :'(

Marc, I wish your "Boys" all the best in the playoffs. BTW, my brother went to UT (I was a Ramblin' Wreck!).

Re-sulfited all the wines which were not kits as my failing memory could not remember which ones had been K Meta'd and which ones weren't. The Stueben caused a pretty good geyser.

Just got done with Christmas eve dinner, had a great time!
All of the Dragon Blood that my wife gave away as gifts to co-workers and neighbors was a success!
Everyone is raving about it!
My in-laws were amazed that the white wine that they had with dinner, the last bottle of Moscato that I had that wasn't prepared for Spumante, was made in house!

Praise for the wine maker for Christmas...priceless! :try

Me? Well, I'm at work today, Christmas Day. The firehouse has to be manned (or womaned) 24/7/365. It's my turn this year. My lovely wife left for Little Rock, AR on the 23rd, taking several cases of wine with her. (Christmas, like the rest of you, I'm sure, puts a big dent in my wine stocks.) She went to spend the holiday with her daughter, Heidi, in the USAF so she wouldn't be alone. Had to kennel the dogs so I could go to work today---they are never happy with that! Johnna will be gone until after the New Year, so it's just me, the 100 lbs. Lab, the 20 lbs. cat, and the 10 lbs Jack Russell...and the cellar full of wine. I've got five batches clearing and two in secondary. All is quiet.

Heading to my brother's house for my family's gathering tomorrow. Finally, some snow! I think I'll go snowboarding on Thursday. :db

Dave, I'm in the same boat as you with work. Here for 12 hours. The good thing is that none of the "important" people are here so it is a nice, quite, smooth shift. No one wanting to tinker with anything. I did get a gift card to my LBHS, so I see a shopping spree in the very near future for this amateur. More primaries and secondaries. Got to have more batches going to keep up with our habits and vices.

Rocky, I'd like to see the Ravens do good in the playoffs. It's win or go home for my Boys! I hope UT's new coach and staff do a lot better than the last one. I won't hold it against you being a Ramblin' Wreck!! ;)

our daughter got my wife and I some Indiana Univ. of PA (our alma mater) wine glasses which we are dieing to try out. Gave away 2 bottles of Luva Bella wine to the sister in law and opened a bottle of DJSteve's Sour Grape Skeeter Pee, which was VERY well recieved...

Racked 3 gallons of Dragon Blood into secondary this morning, then gave all the tubing, thief, siphon and 5 gallon primary a good cleaning with some Oxy Clean. Just finished de-labelling and cleaning a couple cases of bottles. Later, I'll rack my Red Mountain Cab into secondary. Ready to bottle the CC Sterling Merlot and Red Mountain Trio in the next few days.

Made the simple syrup with the mulling spice pack and cinnamon sticks. Man does it smell delicious!!!!!! I'll be adding it to my batch of mulled cinnamon skeeter pee tomorrow for back sweetening. Can't wait to try some of this!!!

Latest posts

Back