What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made the simple syrup with the mulling spice pack and cinnamon sticks. Man does it smell delicious!!!!!! I'll be adding it to my batch of mulled cinnamon skeeter pee tomorrow for back sweetening. Can't wait to try some of this!!!

First thing that comes to my mind is taking a finished bottle of this and reducing it down on the stove then pouring it over a ham your going to cook.

I started my Riesling Ice Wine kit yesterday, and I'm going to use the lees for a Skeeter pee batch probably will get it going by early next week.
I got a Sangria Zinfindel blush (Island mist kit) for Christmas, so I'll get that started in a week or so, and use those lees for a 2nd SP batch.
I am going to boost the alcohol content on the IM kit, is it simply adding simple syrup to bring the SpG up to 1.080?

What's everyones favorite Skeeter Pee flavors? I'm looking for suggestions.....
Thanks!

Forgot to mention, I bottled by Niagara last week, and it came out great...backsweetened with simple syrup and a couple cans of Welches White Grape juice concentrate.

Runningwolf said:
First thing that comes to my mind is taking a finished bottle of this and reducing it down on the stove then pouring it over a ham your going to cook.

Yes that would be very good!! I'll have to figure out if this one will be better cold or heated up on the stove.

Degassed and racked my hard cider, needs a bit more time to age.
Racked and bottled the red dragon/berry bliss Melomel - my wife already stole 5 bottles to bring to work to co-workers...lol
My wife and I managed to polish off a half gallon...lol...yep...and I am still able to post...LMAO!!!
If you like Dragon Blood, try the rRd Dragon Melomel, it is unreal!!
This is all DangerDave's fault...blame him.

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

Working right now, later I have to clean labels off about 20 bottles then sanitize them. May consider racking some wine or possibly bottling 2 gallons of the elderberry and racking the other into a 3 gallon carboy.

Is the only difference between the regular Dragon's Blood and the Melomel version the use of honey?

Couldn't sleep and have been up since before 3:00. Since then, I bottled my Red Mtn Trio, racked the Merlot and Syrah, then washed a couple cases of bottles. After that, put together two model rockets that we got for our oldest. Then off to Lowes. We just got back from a handful of rocket launches. Fun stuff!

Is the only difference between the regular Dragon's Blood and the Melomel version the use of honey?

Yes, Marc. The recipe is exactly the same except for using 15lbs of honey in the primary (six gallon batch) instead of sugar.

I warned you, Tom. But I have big shoulders. I can carry that blame. :spm

Off work today, wife's out of town, so I went to the hill this morning to make some turns on the snowboard. Nice groomed powder after the blizzard.

100_0974.jpg

Last edited:
Marc, in my opinion, the Honey makes a more refined version, more like a berry Wine. I added a half oak infusion stick to the fermenting bucket, while you cannot taste the oak out right, it gives it a nice long lasting effect, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I found a local source of honey, this is straight from the bee keeper http://www.rightfromthehive.co/, if you are interested in bulk honey, their pricing wasn't bad, shoot them an email and ask what they can do for you [email protected], let them know Tom sent you.
I'm getting 30 lbs. it was as reasonable as buying from the big warehouse stores with the exception that it is straight from the source, not imported.

Either my wife or my friends are trying to kill me, or I'm getting a touch of the flu. I feel like a sack of poo.

will if you would be willing to share the muscadine with your wife, she wouldn't try to be killing you but if you finally decided to share then I'm thinkin the flu!!!! Did you get the flu shot?

I am deathly afraid of needles since I was a young boy, so I have to be on death's doorstep before I willingly take an injection.

Still tired and achey, not hungry, and drinking lots of fluids to flush out the system. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend a vacation....

I am deathly afraid of needles since I was a young boy, so I have to be on death's doorstep before I willingly take an injection.

Still tired and achey, not hungry, and drinking lots of fluids to flush out the system. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend a vacation....

Hope you're on the road to recovery soon!

Its a wonder what a steaming hot shower and a glass of OJ will do for you.

And thanks for the nice thoughts....

Thanks Dave and Tom!!! I'll give them a look and see what they have.

Hop, I feel your pain over needles. Lol. I can't stand them!! You would think someone with a bunch of tattooes wouldn't be afraid of needles. The disliking of needles really gets in the way when I have to give myself a B-12 injection once a week.

Started the blueberry tonight. It is dark as night and has a pleasant scent right now.

image-4247052759.jpg

I got the fermenter a little too full though. This one is going to be interesting as it ferments.

"I am deathly afraid of needles since I was a young boy, so I have to be on death's doorstep before I willingly take an injection."

The humor in the Army is memorable. If you all will indulge me, this reminds me of an amusing incident from when I was in Basic Training for the Army. In Basic, you get a number of shots, both from needles and from the "pressure jet" that forced the medicine through the skin with air pressure and without the use of a needle. They had these guns set up so that multiple drugs could be administered at one time, as I remember, up to four. Well, we were all lined up going into the medic's building and a guy about three in front of me took one look at the gun and fainted dead away. A medic from somewhere in the South (seemed like everyone in the Army was from the South) was holding the injector pointing up about shoulder high, looks down at the unconscious soldier and slowly says, "You don't die now, Son. That comes later."

Latest posts

Back