What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No snow here yet. It's 30 degrees and blue skies. So far I have not had to fire up the snow blower. :br I just finished bottling 22 bottles of red raspberry.

Bottled 5 gallons each (26+ bottles each) of Winery Series Super Tuscan and Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo. Performed normal QA function (hic) and predict that they are both going to be very good. The Super Tuscan is really dry with an ABV of 13% and the Rosso Fortissimo is a little "less dry" with an ABV of 12.5%.

I got a little hammered at the Christmas party, oh, wrong kind of hammered! Dont wrry guys and gals, I carpooled today with a buddy who rarely drinks.

finished taking down the ceiling and then the old insulation in that area and one of the slopeing walls then reinsulated that area in the morning I have to head back to the lumber yard and buy more insulation this house has never had that much insulation in the attic before now I am slipping on some Elderberry Blush

this house has never had that much insulation in the attic before now

Years ago I dbl. insulated the attic.

Years later when I remodeled and put in a cathedral ceiling I moved the insulation to the other area of the attic. I have rolls of 3' insulation up there. You can barely move.

I back sweetened our J Reisling this am. Took it to 1.002 based on last night's tasting. Will likely sample the Malvasia again and see if that needs anything.

Finished wrapping presents this morning also. Tonight we will go to church.

I just got back from town had to pick up twelve more rolls of insulation now half of my attic will have eleven and one half inches of insulation still need three and one half more inchs for my area of the states the other half of the upstairs will have to wait until this half of my upstairs is completed so I can move my bedroom

We're baking cookies. Might open a bottle of one of the wines I've made. Perhaps the spiced apple.
It's not even cold outside. Doesn't feel like Christmas. If it weren't for the decorations, I'd think it was October.

Hey Dan how's it going. You have been sparse lately, busy with the Mrs or work? We did get some snow yesterday(about an inch) and it was 7 this AM and only got up to about 10 for a high. That's enough winter for me . Now I want spring. LOL We are in for a few months of frigid below 0 weather and we normally get another 75 - 100 inches of snow before spring.

Was warm here all week until today when I go fishing! dang rod tip kept freezing up but other than that it wasnt too cold. Ill take this kind of winter over what we had last year anyday!

Just got back from Christmas eve mass. Our grandaughter was (and is) an angel in a little nativity scene skit they put on before the service started. It just doesn't get any better than this.

I've been busy with work and house hunting. Married life is good but busy trying to get a home in order is time consuming.
I'll be making some more wines and beers after we find a place. For now I've been working down my stock.
How has everyone been?

Gonna get my butt down stairs and do some labeling, capsuling and shelving the 2 batches I bottled 2 weeks ago. Then Im going to rack the Barolo I started 2 weeks ago as a i always ferment to dry in bucket and always gove it 2 weeks. I then may start 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 new wines!! I have to look and see how many spare 6 carboys I have. I also have some batches still to bottle so may sub out starting 1 for bottling. I guess Ill just have to see what happens down there!! LOL

Started the day teraing the carpeting off my steps in preparation for the hardwood floors. Much to my dismay most of the steps were sagging 1/2 inch. The wedges from when the stairs were built all managed to find their way loose. The bottom set of stairs I was able to re-wedge and re-secure from the basement. The top set I had to take every step out and basically reconstruct it due to no access unless I wanted to tear out ceilings in the basement stairwell and hall closet. I'm happy to say, after 8 hours, the carpet is off, stairs are back together and squeek free. Damn do ny knees hurt...

Been there many times Doug, not fun huh!!! In my job I only build new ones but most of my side jobs are stuff like that or cabinet upgrades.

Been there many times Doug, not fun huh!!! In my job I only build new ones but most of my side jobs are stuff like that or cabinet upgrades.

I knew I had to deal with the lower set and that was relatively easy. The upper set kicked my but big time. It's done and overwith now. Once the floors come in I'll be laying Brazilian Cherry over the pine treads with a bullnose in the front and as end caps on the exposed side.

I knew I had to deal with the lower set and that was relatively easy. The upper set kicked my but big time. It's done and overwith now. Once the floors come in I'll be laying Brazilian Cherry over the pine treads with a bullnose in the front and as end caps on the exposed side.

Lol, this is crazy. Mike and I bought our son and daughter in law Brazilian Cherry laminate for in their kitchen as a Christmas present

Latest posts

Back