What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stairs are one of the biggest PITA's to fix!

Thang goodness there is only one set. Of all days too. My wife's turn for the stomach virus. I had a 4 y/o sg wanted to help. She can't wait til its time for the painting of the walls.

Julie, we love the brazillian cherry hardwood. Hope its what we anticipate. Were doing the first floor, stairs and second floor hallway for now. 3 weeks til that project starts.

It is real pretty and they just loved it. I might have to get that for our bedroom.

Be careful though if you get direct sunlight on it during the day. My brother had an area rug over there's and when he removed it you could see how the sun faded the rest of the floor. He got it at Lumber Liquidators.

Be careful though if you get direct sunlight on it during the day. My brother had an area rug over there's and when he removed it you could see how the sun faded the rest of the floor. He got it at Lumber Liquidators.

Dan, with the laminate you don't have to worry. If you are going hardwood as we are, they say it darkens 300% in the first year. We will be moving furniture a lot the first year and definately no throw rugs.

Julie,

If you go with hardwood. I'm buying a mailer and I have a pancake compressor if you need to borrow. Lumber liquidators has the best price in hardwood.

Last edited:
Julie,

If you go with hardwood. I'm buying a mailer and I have a pancake compressor

Doug rather than messing with a mailer I would get a nailer. :) Just a suggestion, Buy it at Harbor Freight BUT do not use their nails. Get good nails at Home Depot or Lowes or you'll find the gun doesn't work for crap. That sounds funny but I know two different people that went through this.

I got about one half of the bedroom that I gutted this last week insulated now I have to go get more insulation and I have to redo the electrical for that room also before the drywall

Doug rather than messing with a mailer I would get a nailer. :) Just a suggestion, Buy it at Harbor Freight BUT do not use their nails. Get good nails at Home Depot or Lowes or you'll find the gun doesn't work for crap. That sounds funny but I know two different people that went through this.

Yep, getting nailer at harbor freight. NIle coming from lumber liquidators. They will be bostich. Got a 50 gift certificate for harbor freight for Xmas, worked out well. If you ever need it, let me know.

Last edited:
We r going with laminate. We were going to with hardwood but with dogs we decided to go with laminate instead

Yep, getting mailer at harbor freight. NIle coming from lumber liquidators. They will be bostich. Got a 50 gift certificate for harbor freight for Xmas, worked out well. If you ever need it, let me know.

Started a Cranberry and Raspberry from Walkers. Acid in both were close to 15%. I saved a gallon of each and added a tad of meta to them storing at 30*, for future f-packs. I added a gallon of sugar water (21 brix) to each batch to bring down the acid a bit.

Placed an order at Cynmar.com for a nice set of polmethylpene graduated cylinders.

Good idea with dilutingthem down Dan, Cranberry is notoriously high but thats pretty extreme for a Raspberry!!!!!

Funny you said that Wade. I just tasted some today another winemaker made. It came out over 20% acid. It was back sweetened to about 8% or 1.03sg. The sweetness did counter most of the acid but you could still feel a tingle on your tongue.

I will leave the acid on mine where it ended around 11% and sweeten to about 1.01-1.015. I will be blending these with numerous wines I have going right now including riesling. Some wines will get just a bit of the fruits and and some of the two berries will get a bit of a milder grape blended with them.

I put on an 18 gallon batch of RJ Spagnols Old Vine Zinfandel from the Winery Series in my 20 gallon fermenter. I divided the three grape packs into two bags with pectic enzyme. I pitched all three packets of EC1118 that came with the kits and used all of the bentonite. Do any of your old pros see anything wrong with what I did? I was a little concerned about using all three packets of yeast. The initial SG is about 1.090 before I dropped the skins bags in so I imagine it will be about 1.095 tomorrow, which is what I would like.

Rocky, sounds like you added too much water as Ive done a lot of thise kits and always end up around 1.100 or a tad more. I see no other problems with using everything that came with these kits at all.

Maybe a little. Just checked my notes and everyone of them had starting sg's in the 1.112 area right in very beginning before grape pack even had time to release their sugars.

Latest posts

Back