What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filtered my Chilean Carmenere that I started last April from a L'uva Bella juice bucket.

Flem, are the South American juices pretty good? We're still planing a road trip in march.

Not sure yet as this is my first one. Occasional tastings tell me it's going to be pretty good though. I'll probably bottle this soon because I'm ordering a couple of kits and I need the "jug". I'm hoping my schedule allows me to make the March rendezvous. We're doing a 10 day stint in Florida.

I've never gotten the Luva Bella Chillean juice, but I have gotten elsewhere the past 2 years. I'm very happy with it so far. I'll likely be heading to Luva Bella this year for the Chillean as well as the California.

Great looking job there Steve I went out and brought some insulation today so that is what I will be doing in the morning along with some electricial wiring I also have a couple of walls that will get torn out and rebuilt.

... enjoying the nice yeasty blackberry aroma wafting from the hot water heater closet today ...

Kg/lb/oz mechanical scale, electronic gram scale, acid test kit, lab thermometer and big 'ol plastic stir spoon arrived via various carriers today ...

... wrapped up a few presents for the in laws and still have plans on getting the lights up tomorrow, nothing like a little procrastination ...

... thinking about making some raspberry wine as soon as the primary is empty, I think we have about 8-9 lbs of them in the freezer from last summer's pickin'.

Happy winter's solstice to you all!

Snow day!!!!!!!!

squirrel-snow-day.jpg

Started yesterday around noon, went most of the day, stopped for a few hours around dinner time then started back up around 8:00PM and was still coming down when I went to bed around 10:00. 8-14" depending on the elevation. White Christmas for sure!

That thing is so much fun to operate. I feel like "Tim the Toolman" (arg, arg, arg.....)

North%20Cascades%20Opening%20Weekend%20giant%20snow%20blower%202006%20053.jpg

Mine is "not quite" this big!

Latest posts

Back