What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the recipe...It is a very moist nut roll.

The dark on the top is an egg wash. These two blew out on the sides a little. It happens but doesn't effect the taste at all.

What the heck is that thing? I have never seen anything like them but I suspect they are good for anyone with good teeth...... LOL

What the heck is that thing? I have never seen anything like them but I suspect they are good for anyone with good teeth...... LOL

Its a sour dough with a sweet crushed walnut inside and it's rolled like a log. I take it, they are not something popular in NY? We've had them since I was little.

Spritzs done, waiting for snickerdoodle dough to set. Tomorrow may be the sugar cookies....I love this time of year, it's the only time I make nut rolls and really bake. I do have to say the pies I made for the Stranger Danger party turned out pretty darn good for being the first pie I ever made....

Dan, You can't tell me you've never had nut rolls before? (and not it's not some kinkly sexual thing, so mind out of gutter)

Doug, my Wife makes them in batches of 5 at a time (we only have 5 trays) and they are delicious. She had made about 20 so far this year and is going to make 5 more tomorrow. We give them to the Police, Fire Department, Mailman and friends. I love them, when they first come out of the oven, with some nice fresh butter.

I have to watch though, just had my physical yesterday and it wasn't pretty. My docter says I am extremely overweight (he would not buy my argument that I am "undertall" and if I were 6'5", I would be a perfect weight) and I need to lose about 30 pounds. I count dry red wine as 22 calories per ounce...seem right?

Rocky, as my brother would say. When you have equipment like this you need a good roof over it!!!! Bwaaaa haaa haaaa. And Waldo on FVW's would say you nver know if a mans on the level unless the buble is in the middle. LOL

Racked my Brianna this morning and added a dose of kmeta. Last racking was middle of October. Bottom had a nice coating of acid on it. Took what wouldn't fit into my top up bottle and back sweetened to 1.002. I haven't tasted it yet, waiting for the boss to get home...

Racked my Brianna this morning and added a dose of kmeta. Last racking was middle of October. Bottom had a nice coating of acid on it. Took what wouldn't fit into my top up bottle and back sweetened to 1.002. I haven't tasted it yet, waiting for the boss to get home...

Oh the will power!

Rocky, he's not doing so great lately. He's been in and out of the hospital but makes an appearance when he can over there. I couldnt get him over here. He hasnt been posting nearly as much as he used to. Today I got my biwekly shot in the spine and this 1 was by far the worst. Dont thnk Ill be on here much tonight.

Well I am on vacation this week so for Christmas I asked my wife what she wanted and her reply was she either wanted the kitchen painted or the spare bedroom upstairs gutted and she chosed the bedroom so that is what I did today now I get to put it back together the right way

I just finished installing a wine cooler (52 bottle) 2 base cabinets and a counter in the kitchen. It's a gift for my wife from a few of us. It looks great and she's filling it now.

I had some retrofitting to do with a heat duct and other stuff, plus I knew we could use the counter top for the holiday cooking.

Tomorrow it's clean up time.

I just finished installing a wine cooler (52 bottle) 2 base cabinets and a counter in the kitchen. It's a gift for my wife from a few of us. It looks great and she's filling it now.

Mikey and I don't believe you. You know the rules!!!
app_photos-07.gif

I had some retrofitting to do with a heat duct and other stuff, plus I knew we could use the counter top for the holiday cooking.

Tomorrow it's clean up time.

Oh I bet she is one happy girl, where in your kitchen did you install this at?

Oh I bet she is one happy girl, where in your kitchen did you install this at?

Happy isn't the word.

picture.php

It's along the stairway wall. This replaces the white microwave cart that had all the wines and glasses on.

She was meticulously wiping off each bottle before setting them in there.

As any remodeler will tell you there are always little things that have to be done when installing an item. I had a heating duct I had to adjust to vent out under the one cabinet and I had to cut a piece of trim for the counter top. So the other night I had everything just setting in place to show her what it would look like. After I explained all that had to be done she asks...so I can fill it now?

NO! I need to do a few things first. Give me a day so I got all done yesterday (except for the end cap trim) and it's ready for use now. Th light in it really spruces it up. Notice the carpet Dan????

I'm happy she's happy.

Sounds like everyone has been busy pre holiday. I was painting, Steves installing cabinets and wine fridges, Jtstar is gutting rooms. I can't wait until after Christmas so that I can start tearing out carpet and really start painting then middle of January I install new brazillian cherry hard wood floors.

I might go start a 3 gallon batch of blueberry pomegranite.

Back