WineXpert What are your favorite wine kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Frog

Reaction score
Just curious whatsome of yourfavorite kits are and why.

(Might cause me to do some more ordering from George.)

Anything off-dry, semi-sweet, or sweet by Winexpert. I like White Zinfandel, white merlot, red ice wine, white ice wine, late harvest reisling, some merlot, Gewurtztraminer, Liebsfraumilch, etc.

I most favor the "bold reds" but again I will drink just about any wine. My favorite is the En Primuer by Spagnols in reds so far. Gewurtztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc is good as well.

Just bottled a batch of Bourgeron Blanc by Winexpert today. A few
friends helped with the bottling, and it tastes great! 5 bottles gone
in that process. Thanks, for the tip, George, this is a good whitewine!

It took 16 days to clear out, and it cleared out totally. nice.
smiley1.gif

I have developed a taste for the big reds, especially the Italians. Although, I have yet to make a dry wine that I did not enjoy. I really enjoy some of the more fruity wines, but have difficulty if the wine is too sweet.

Believe it or not, the best kit wine I have made was the VR, Bergamais (Beaujolais). It really opens up nicely about 30 minutes after uncorking the bottle.

Thanks for the advice, I will include a VR, Bergamais (Beaujolais) in my next order.

I agree with George on the Bergamais. Mine is a little over 1 year in the bottle now. I hated it when it was bottled, but it is one of my favorites now. Ain't that funny. IfI don't learn anything else from all this winemaking, I have learned patience! Can I get an Amen out there?

smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back