What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned about 10 cases of bottles and then moved said bottles and all the rest of the bottles in the winery to the now cleaned (and empty) toy box.

Pooped again, need to go to work tomorrow just to rest up!
smiley2.gif

Note to self: Be careful getting boxes down off the wine racks........

Lost a bottle of AJ Pinot Noir (D#mn Burgundy bottles that don't stack worth a darn.......)
smiley19.gif

Just ordered more Ram for my comp off the net and it was 1/3rd the price that it was at Staples who sold me the wrong memory today. I like their store but every time I go there I have to go back as soon as I get home to return something but it seems its always a Sunday and they have just closed right after Ive got home. From now on Im just going to buy this stuff online as its almost always way cheaper and I always get the right product when I have to search for it myself. I bought 16 GB memory cards for both our new phones the other week and a phone case and a set of head phones with shipping all for the same price as Radioshack wanted for just one 8 GB memory stick for one phone and it arrived in 3 days! Its no wonder stores just cat stay open anymore. Im all for supporting the local store but not when they are just way over priced and sell you the wrong product!

Check out NewEgg next time. We hardly buy anything locally except for groceries and anything I might need at the local hardware store these days. You can't beat the prices on the internet, we pay no taxes on anything here in NM plus free shipping on most items as well. Amazon gets a boatload of our business as well.

Wade said:
Just ordered more Ram for my comp off the net and it was 1/3rd the price that it was at Staples who sold me the wrong memory today. I like their store but every time I go there I have to go back as soon as I get home to return something but it seems its always a Sunday and they have just closed right after Ive got home. From now on Im just going to buy this stuff online as its almost always way cheaper and I always get the right product when I have to search for it myself. I bought 16 GB memory cards for both our new phones the other week and a phone case and a set of head phones with shipping all for the same price as Radioshack wanted for just one 8 GB memory stick for one phone and it arrived in 3 days! Its no wonder stores just cat stay open anymore. Im all for supporting the local store but not when they are just way over priced and sell you the wrong product! 

Checked out that site and they were within $1.50 of the site I ended up on but the site I went on really helps you out by telling you what stuff you needby product name and model where as it seems on NewEgg you have to know all this stuff. I went to OEMPCWORLD for the memory and Laptopcharge for a new battery one had free shipping and the other was like $3.50 to ship the battery

Started my annual batch of "Cherry Juice" today. It's two bags of frozen cherries, 4 cups of powdered sugar and a handle of whiskey. Pour it all in a wide mouth gallon glass jar and let sit in the dark till Christmas. I shake the bottle every week or so. Then I will pour it through a coffee filter into a crystal decanter. Santa looks forward to our house every year. It's my father-in-law's recipe from Nebraska. The cherries are said to be outstanding over vanilla ice cream.

Came home from work thinking I might be bottling tonight... cooked dinner from scratch... decided a bottle of my Sangiovese would be perfect with dinner... ahhhh... bottling can wait...

Going to be a long day today. Will be taking Kat to the hospital around 1:30pm this evening and she is scheduled to have her rotor cuff surgery at 3:30pm. I wish I could have it for her but I know she is under the care of the Great Physician so all will be well.

Will be thinking about Kat and rrawhide's Ruth Ann today.

Make sure to mark the bad shoulder with a sharpie saying "this one"!

We will keep both ladies in our prayers for speedy recoveries!!!!

BOB

I'm picking grapes today to better assess damage to them from the hailstorm yesterday in my vineyard. Some split fruit, but I haven't seen a lot. Here's hoping it stays that way and doesn't develop any spots of bad fruit. I picked two varieties today- Sabvrevois and my young small batch of Marquette. I would have left a little longer but the bluejays learned that if they sit on the net, it sags down to the grapes and they eat until they puke!

Picked up my Juice from Gino Pinto's today.
FYI I saw Bourbon Whiskey Barrels there for $120.00 cash and carry only..
If in NJ area reserve it now.. very few left.

Hope all is well with the 2 ladies and hope Rich's grapes arent damaged much.

It is now 9:30pm and Kat is asleep in her bed...The surgeon said everything went as planned. He repaired her rotator cuff, relocated a damaged ligament and removed some bone spurs.We thank you God for the healing taking place in her and Ricks wifeand Ithank all of you for your prayers......GOODNIGHT !!!!

I hope everyone needing healing is granted that blessing today.
The only injury I have is from using a manual screwdriver after my variable speed drill battery died. Damn blister!
Put together a nice wine rack that arrived from George's shop today.
I'm going to anchor it to the wall and perhaps adding some bracing on the sides to toughen it up a bit. I'm thinking about ordering another one to stick on top...
winerack2.jpg

Are the bottles tipped in the front? If not you may consider raising the front

Yes they are tipped. The way the rack is built is that the back of the bottle sits higher. Keeps the corks moist and happy.

Back