What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx all for your prayers - Ruth Ann came through fine - she had a spinal and laid there hearing all the goings on but feeling nothing. She decided on this because when they are done you are wide awake and do not have to go through the 'groggy recovering process' and no sickness either. When I was able to go into her room - she was wide awake and talking. Her right leg is on a constant motion machine for 5 hours today and it works the knee. Tomorrow she gets up and will be walking a little. Wow. Not too much time either - 0730 procedure started - 0930 dr. called and said all fine it is was over.
Amazing - now the next one - in Jan or Feb.

Sure glad that Kat is doing well too.....

Thanx again eveyone.

rrawhide

Waldo and Rick, Glad the ladies are doing well. They certainly couldn't have better care takers. Maybe better timing though rather than harvest season. LOL

Slaves yes - she is still in hospital and will be home tomorrow if all goes as planned. Just got back from vineyard where I picked 7 tubs of peverella (white) and put in cool room. Sat gotta pick petite syrah and mabye nebbiolo. They are both at 23.5 and probably 24.5 by sat. Bees are starting to come in so hope that they are ok until then. Looks to be approx 28 vines of PS and 22 of Nebbiolo. Hope we can round up some help.

Later all

heading to hospital now.

rick

Made the 150 mile round trip to Walkers and got some Diamond and Concord. Will go back in a few weeks for some Late Harvest Vignoles. Came home and filtered and bottled 25 gallons of wine.

25 Gallons!
smiley3.gif

ibglowin said:
25 Gallons!
smiley3.gif

6.5 gallons of Vidal, 14 gallons of Niagara, 4 gallons of Cranberry. I bottled 2 cases of Niagara and then blended the rest of the Niagara and Cranberry. I am using an Enolmatic filler/filter with a 1 micron filter. Being able to filter/bottle in one step is awesome!

Here's some pictures of Walkers today. Each hose bib represents a different type of juice.

Walkers01.jpg

Walkers02.jpg

What am I seeing for lids on all those carboys, baggies with elastic or stretcg wrap or do they actually have lids for carboys?

Wade said:
What am I seeing for lids on all those carboys, baggies with elastic or stretcg wrap or do they actually have lids for carboys?

WOW, I forgot about that. Yes some dude had a bunch of carboys covered with plastic wrap and rubber bands. I can't believe you could see that and pick it up.

Bottled Raspberry blush and RJS Cru Select Italian Chianti Riserva today. Toy Box arrived from George today with RJS CranApple Chardonnay and RJS Orange Chocolate Port among some other doodads!

Finished up racking my cherry wine after sitting on chocolate and almonds for about 28 days.

Started with 6.5 gallons. one carboy is just chocolate the second is chocolate and toasted almonds and I had a gallon plus left for topping up.

DSCN2273.jpg

This is a pic to show how much space was left in the caboy after racking

DSCN2277.jpg

Close up of choc/Almond mixture. I felt like a kid trying to shake coins out of a piggy bank when I was done.

DSCN2278.jpg

Final product after racking Two 3 gallon carboys and two bottles. The wine is stabilized and in a few weeks I will back sweeten and clear.

DSCN2279.jpg

And did you taste it????? Im tired of having to get info like this out of you, 1 demerit!
smiley22.gif

I want some of that stuff crushed up to sprinkle on an ice cream sundae.
Penalty for not providing it - 2 demerits.

Better look out, you are treading on thin ice now!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back