What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racking wine most of the day. Last night I made an F-pack with a gallon of apple juice and added it this morning to my Jalapeno wine. I will be bottling this hopefully on Friday.

IMG_20101027_093241.jpg

Took a ride up to the Corning Museum of Glass yeterday and then stoped at Bully Hill Winery in the Finger Lakes on the way home. This is the view from their parking lot. What a beautiful area.

IMG_20101030_162846.jpg

Gotta get my butt downstairs right now as Ive really been slacking in the wine dept. My back feels like crap but I just have so much to do that it cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!
smiley13.gif
Ill see you peeps in a few hours!!!!!!!!

I finally got around to setting the last 75 posts in the new vineyard. Now I need to set 40 earth anchors and string the wire in that whole vineyard. Just about froze my butt off today if I didn't need to hand carry those 80-120 pound posts ( well a few little ones were only 60 pounds or so).

Wade said:
Gotta get my butt downstairs right now as Ive really been slacking in the wine dept. My back feels like crap but I just have so much to do that it cant wait any longer!!!!!!!!
smiley13.gif
Ill see you peeps in a few hours!!!!!!!!
Is it DAN that is making your back hurt?? After all he's always ON your back... LOL

Bwa ah ah ah ah ah ah............
smiley4.gif

20101031_180054_Screen_shot_201.png

appleman said:
Just about froze my butt off today if I didn't need to hand carry those 80-120 pound posts ( well a few little ones were only 60 pounds or so). 

When I went outside this AM there was a glazing of ice and snow pellets on it and the stairs. It reached a high today of 38 degrees with a 20 mph breeze.

Well... I finally will be home for a week!!!

Here is what I started today.... Ready for this???.....

Meglioli Old Vine Zinfindel

Melglioli Chardoney

Meglioli Pinot Gigio

La Bodega Port

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH

Later this week....

5 Gallons Apricot wine

5 Gallons Apricot Port

3 Gallons Blackberry Port

(maybe) 5 Gallons Pear wine

Goodfella said:
Well... I finally will be home for a week!!!

Here is what I started today.... Ready for this???.....

Meglioli Old Vine Zinfindel

Melglioli Chardoney

Meglioli Pinot Gigio

La Bodega Port

Did you win the lottery?

By the end of our appearance at "Holidays at Hurricane Creek" fundraiser for the Bryant PTO we was about wiped out !!
It was a hoot though and worth every minute and beard pulling I got.

IMG_0096.jpg

OK Santa, get off your rump and start getting your elves making them toys, my kids have been pretty darn good this year!

Thinking about starting my "double" batch of La Bodega. Well see how much energy I have this afternoon.

Yesterday was spent raking and bagging all the leaves that fell while we were off playing at the beach followed my mowing and watering the yard and wine garden.I still need to lift and clean all my dahlias and tag and bag them for storage in the garage this Winter.

Nice that this week is only 3 days of work!
smiley20.gif

Put the sweet potatoes in he oven about 35 minutes ago for the Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole and sweet potato pies. Going to make my apple dumplings next and then start on my yeast rolls. Ole turkey is well on his way too.

Making my Mom's oyster stuffing today. Neighbor is coming over with his homemade pumpkin pie. Sharing wine that we have made thru the past year.

Thanks, George!!!!
smiley4.gif

We are headed to some good friends home for the big feast.

I did pick up a small Turkey to fix sometime during the Holidaze. Probably pick up a nice Roast Beast (rib roast) as well. At these prices they are too good to pass up!

Back